“friendliest staff, great breakfast”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport for one night on our way out west for a road trip. I was greeted by the friendliest, most helpful staff one could ask for. Her name was Sam and she was awesome. It was around 8pm on New Year's Day when we checked in and we were only in KC for one night. We wanted to try some serious barbecue and asked for recommendations. She told us to head up to our room and she would make some calls to find out which of the best places were open on the holiday. She even printed out google maps directions for us. She was so helpful - and her recommendation led us to the best burnt ends we ever had!
Additionally, the room was big and nicely appointed with a huge tv that had lots of channels and even hookups for dvd players and game systems. The breakfast was great and again the morning staff was totally friendly.
Only negative is the linens - the sheets were rough and the towels were like sandpaper. Still, the accommodations were tops and the service could not be beat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Really nice hotel, very close to airport. The staff was very friendly and professional. We thought the free breakfast was nice too, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, egg and cheese sandwiches, and bagels. The room was very clean, some dust on the bathroom floor, but not a big deal.
The lobby was very clean also. Our only problem was the morning we were leaving we signed up for the 5am shuttle to the airport. People who DIDN'T sign up and were there ahead of us were let on the shuttle, while we had to wait for another to come. I think the problem was more with the shuttle driver who refused to tell the people to get off when it was HIS fault for not checking their names on the list before allowing them on. Problem was solved quickly by hotel staff, who again were friendly and accomodating. Nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Close to the airport. Has a shuttle to the airport. Breakfast is served. Small lobby area you can have a glass of wine and unwind. Staff was friendly. Small glitch with their computer system, but it cleared up quickly. You can also check in and out at a kiosk by the door. Rooms are spacious. There was a desk and sofa area. The large screen tv could be turned so that you cold watch from the couch or the beds. Rooms were spotless. Bathroom was adequate. Elevators to the upper floors. Nice room.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Dogs in a nearby room began barking and howling beginning at 10:30 pm. Front desk said they'd take care of it. I still heard them at 11, just before I fell asleep. In the future, I'll check the pet policy before booking a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although the hotel was great to stay at, if you are on a special diet don't stay here! The breakfast menu did not offer anything except fresh fruit that we could have (vegetarian, gluten and casein free, and low fat) Although there is a Waffle House and Ruby Tuesday's nearby, you won't find gluten free, soy milk, or other options available. We were there 4 days so we tried to make the best of it. At first, I picked off the bread on the delicious ham/bacon, cheese, egg muffins and biscuits and thought of all the waste, so I asked if they could make it without the bread rather than waste what was already cooked. No problem! I asked for some egg whites. The eggs came already cooked and they warmed them up, so I picked around the yolks. Of course, it took a few to fill me up, but it was breakfast! It took a year to get my cholesterol down so I wouldn't chance it! However, when the manager found out, he told them I couldn't have any more because they would run out! After breakfast hours you could get the muffin for about $9 though! Yes, the bedding was scratchy and skimpy (where are the blankets for the pull out bed? When it is the middle of the night and they tell you it's in the closet and all you find is a pillow and a spread! The rest of the staff were very kind. There are 2 computers you can use all day and print if you need to. This motel is made for office people, not those with families!

Room Tip: Ours had a view of the airport so you could see planes landing!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane H
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here 1 night while visiting family. The hotel was very clean with a modern decor. There is a lot of room with a large sectional sofa. The fitness center was good - 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, recumbent bike, weight machines and free weights. The free breakfast was good. Lots of choices including healthy options. The only issue I had was that the linens were not soft. The sheets were scratchy and the towels were rough ( however the towels in the fitness center were soft). I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here overnight to be close to the airport during bad weather. This hotel is amazing. Rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. Very modern decor. Large comfy sectional sofa and a huge 42 inch tv made it feel more like a small apartment than a hotel. Nice workdesk and wet bar area. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was nice. The staff is the best part. Very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff was wonderful at checkin & checkout. Offered driving directions and recommendations on places in the area. Had to have a small problem fixed in the room and the maintenance personnel was at my door almost seconds after I hung up my phone reporting the problem. He was professional and fast and fixed the issue within minutes. The breakfast was wonderful. Gourmet (applewood bacon, egg, smoked gouda cheese & spinach, egg, tomato options) oatmeal, cereal, pastries, tons of freshfruit (the ruby red grapefruit was delicious), juices, coffee, and hot belgian waffles. Everything was kept well stocked and food that had been sitting was removed and replaced with fresh items regularly. They also have 24/7 food options that were so affordable compared to other room service menus. Most items I saw (even dinner) were $10 or less. I have found my new favorite place to stay when I'm in the area. Great job Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business