“favorit place to stay in the KC area”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Brookings, South Dakota
“favorit place to stay in the KC area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place Kansas City airport location a few times, and make it our favored destination when in the area. It is conveniently located near outstanding dining establishments, near the Zana Rosa Mall, right off I-29, has outstanding staff and is wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: we have always had an excellent room, which was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobjan415

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Galway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and made a 20 min phone call to Nebraska for which the hotel charged 55 dollars. Total rip off. Argued with reception and told them that charge was extortionate and they refused to reduce the charge, despite us telling them we will never be back. How they can justify this is unbelievable. Don't give this hotel your money, worst experience we've ever had.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pinklady96
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Hyatt Place is clean, comfortable, and affordable. The rooms have nice amenities including e makers, flat screen TVs, and free Internet access. A continetnial breakfast is served each morning until 10 but cleared very quickly so don't sleep in if you want a bite. The staffing is light and designed to insure quick check in a self sve check out so don't expect a lot of attention.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is the hotel where I always try to stay whenever I'm back visiting the KC. Love the rooms - always clean and super comfy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I scored an excellent, actually remarkably low rate from the Hyatt.com in addition to my AAA discount. I had to be there for Christmas eve- Christmas day and I'm certain there is no better place to stay.

The only thing keeping me from giving the Hyatt Place KC Airport a rating of "excellent" was I got in late (as these things happen in winter/near holidays) and the hotel shuttle stops after midnight. I did not find this vital piece of info anywhere on their website, which I look for when booking. If they could arrange shuttle "as needed" after midnight it would be great. It was $16 cab to the airport, plus tip ($20 total)

The room is absolutely beautiful and spacious. Amenities like in room safe, refrigerator, desk area, free wifi, desk work area, large L-shaped sofa lounge area, and darn near huge flat screen. Wow, I was impressed. The hotel was also very quiet, but it was Christmas after all and "Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse." Which I should add, this place is very very clean there wouldn't ever be a mouse.

Since the restaurants like Cracker Barrel were closed for the holiday (bummer- they are delicious!) I ate from the Hyatt Place Cafe, a cheese pizza that was actually far superior than I ever could expect, loved every bite of it and the reeses cookie I had. Prices were more than reasonable, I think cookie and pizza together were under $10.

Check in/out were swift and easy. If I'm back in KC, I am staying here for certain. Oh! And silly as it sounds- thing I loved? The tooth paste in addition soaps. Never been to a hotel that also gave you your own tooth paste. Awesome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ambitiousmisfit
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night traveling back East. Out of all the hotels we stayed in, this one stands out. We never stayed in a Hyatt Place hotel, so we are quite surprised to see how clean and modern it was. No one was at the front desk when we arrived, so we didn't get the welcoming vibe when we arrived, but once we did check in and speak to the staff, they were very accommodating and friendly. The room was set up nice. Couch near the door, large rotating TV in the middle, and soft and clean bed near the window. The bathroom was clean but small. It also had a little desk area. I thought the interior of the room was bold, modern, and clean. There were many options for breakfast and a variety of drinks. We enjoyed staying there and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed here while visiting relatives during Thanksgiving. Property is very well kept and conveniently located near lots of shopping. I've stayed at other Hyatt Places and love how the rooms are set up and decorated. A few small things - bathroom is kind of small for two people and there was construction taking place in the parking lot which resulted in not enough spaces for all the guests. It wasn't a big deal, but it annoyed my husband to park out on the street in front of the hotel. He did enjoy being able to have a cocktail at the bar at the end of the day. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it for business travelers or others who have family in the area and don't want to inconvenience them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family