“My new favorite Hyatt brand!”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this new Hyatt Place shortly after they acquired the hotel site from a previous hotel, and it's my new favorite hotel. It's very sleek and modern. The rooms are spacious and have a pull-out sectional in the living area, granite countertops, nice freebies in the bathroom, and the most comfortable pillows and king bed I've ever slept in. I don't usually have to stay in a hotel by myself, but I felt very safe, comfortable, and slept like a baby! There was a desk, fridge, huge Plasma TV, and microwave in my room .They also have a nice continental breakfast. I had to catch the shuttle around 5:30 am, and they were kind enough to make me a to-go bag. I will always stay here when I need to park and fly. They are awesome and have a very nice and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Every room is the same with the exception of 1 bed or 2
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I will now be looking at Hyatt Place any time I visit the United States.

The muti-tasking staff were excellent with the right attitude. This is what service is all about and one can find it at the Hyatt Place.

The room with separate sofa bed area was of generous size with good room facilities. Wifi is available free in the room.

Large 40 or 42 inch LCD TV.

Well done Hyatt Place staff !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TJLim
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed here over Father's Day weekend. Service was great and it appeared that the staff weet out of their way to please the guests. There is free parking...but not enough of it. Had to park on the street one night but it was no big deal. Free and apparently safe.
Rooms are great and a good value for the price. The room is big, modern, clean and well laid out. Plus it was quiet...no airplane noise that we could detect.
There is free shuttle service to/from the airport and airport car rentals although some of the car rental companies will drop you off at the nearby hotels, too.
Free continental breakfast is so-so and the eating area appears to have been designed by a committee. Not very well laid out at all. Warning: This Hyatt Place was 'coffee challenged' this particualr weekend. Overall, the eats were okay for being free. I would recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Got a good deal through Expedia.com. All no smoke.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MACCLES
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed in KC for 1 night in May 2011. We were in town to catch a Royals game and see as many sights as possible in a 30 hr period. Hotel was clean and well kept. Staff was friendly, and was accommodating of our needs to check-in 2 hours before their posted check-in time. The room itself was beautiful. I was blown away by the size of the television in the room. It literally stretches from the bedroom area into the living room area. Also, they had a control center for any video games, cameras, or other electronic devices you would want to hook up to it. The Wi-Fi was free. If you didn't bring your own computer you can use the one in the lobby for a fee. However, the lobby computer does allow you to print airline boarding passes for free. The free breakfast was a standard continental you would find at most hotels. If you wanted something more, you do have the option of purchasing a meal. The hotel is about a 25-30 minute drive from anything interesting, so I would definitely recommend factoring travel time if you're planning to stay on strict schedule. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheMoonIsDead
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My flight got canceled and it was a long day. So nice to get to a hotel with a reasonable rate and this hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly. The shuttle ride to the airport was very easy and on time. Food and beverage is available at the hotel, but a Ruby Tuesday is right next door and was a nice option. The rooms were huge, very updated/new and clean. Definitely will stay at a Hyatt again after this experience!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ryan12066
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I recently stayed there and enjoyed the two days. They have a nice commons area, with friendly staff, and a clean-crisp interior design. However, several days later after my stay I was socked with a $200 clean room fee. I am a constant business traveler and was shocked! So I called and left a message for the GM-who did not return my call. Finally I got in touch with her to be told it was for SMOKING. She insisted that I had smoked in the room and that they had to steam clean carpets, dry clean drapes, etc... I emphatically told her that I did not smoke in the room-which I did not. But it was all to no avail. What a hassle & expense!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WineJunkie22
Reviewed March 4, 2011

The room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I am very picky about cleanliness in hotel rooms and this hotel met my expectations.
We parked our car at the hotel and used the shuttle to the airport. Unfortunately, the shuttle service ends at midnight and with our flight delay we missed it. We had to take a taxi back to the hotel to pick up our car.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple