“Delightful experience!”

and up
Kansas City Single Loop City Tour
Ranked #6 of 161 things to do in Kansas City
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The restoration of this building is lovely. Cannot imagine all the work and hours that went into this.
Enjoyed the model train display for donation. Visited here 10 years ago and loved it then. If you go out the back door you can watch the trains go under you from the bridge over the tracks.
Then enjoy eating at the restaurants on the other side of the tracks. They have to charge for displays to keep the place running.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were on a roadtrip home after Christmas when we made reservations to Lidia's in Kansas City. We arrived a little too early, so we decided to park our car at the restaurant and walk over to the Union Station entrance to see what was going on - we noticed several other pedestrians coming over from that way on the bridge over the train tracks.

I was taken by the grand old building and its lovely interior with soaring, ornate columns and ceiling. Such a great showcase for Kansas City! Beautifully decorated Christmas trees and lights and large nutcracker statues and Christmas music... it immediately put us in a great mood! We then wandered into an offshoot room that had several wonderful displays of model trains of all sizes. Both little AND big kids (including myself) had delightful, goofy expressions on our faces as we all ran around looking at them in action. In the main part of the building, there is a large gift shop and other shops and coffee with well-dressed folks bustling about. Bathroom facilities are extensive and quite nice.

Worth a visit if you have time - what a bonus for us as we waited for our restaurant reservation time. Thanks for the free attraction, Kansas City (if we had to pay, I'm truly sorry - we didn't see an admission counter)!!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice building in the heart of the city, just a few steps from WWI National Museum. There are some restaurants and museums. In that time it was happening a Pirates exhibition.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went to science city and there was so much to do. It is great for kids and adults! Gift shop is a little expensive but everything was really nice.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

A few restaurants on the first level, a large waiting hall too (it reminded someone of Grand Central? How?). And if they had any exhibits, you took your wallet out, again. Not worth it. You pay to park (no shock), but I blew the guy off thinking he was a beggar, no really. I had to make up my mind right then if I wanted to pay for less than an hour, 1-3 hrs, or day. I picked an hour and went in to see what I would miss if I didn't come back. I wouldn't have missed too much, I think. Science Center may be great for small kids though.
It's like a mall, but you pay to get into every store? Tiring

3  Thank mike h

Been to Union Station? Share your experiences!