“Nice Architectural Details but not a lot else to see”
Review of Union Station

and up
Kansas City Single Loop City Tour
Ranked #6 of 157 things to do in Kansas City
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Yes, the ceilings and historical details are nice. I even laid on the floor under to take just the right picture of one of the ceiling tiles. But after seeing that, what else was there? Really nothing. I live in Toronto and perhaps I am spoiled by our amazing Union Station's architecture, but this place felt kinda dead. There wasn't the hustle and bustle of an alive train station, which is one of the things I love about Toronto's historic landmark where millions pass through each day.

If you have kids travelling with you I guess there are things to do for them, but otherwise, unless you want to lay on the floor and take a few great ceiling pictures (in which case stop in for 5 minutes), I say skip it.

There are newer reviews for Union Station

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Take your camera, as the building comes alive in your lens!
Be sure to look up @ the ceilings & chandeliers. architecture is fantastic!

1  Thank GrandmaHoney2010
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This stately renovated train station is eye candy from inside and out. We enjoyed the miniature train exhibit room, with a very helpful and informative volunteer to guide us. There is also a science exploration area for kids and revolving exhibitions downstairs. Worth the stop.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Like the theatre there for live performances. Small and intimate

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Union Station is a very grand building to say the least. I took my nephew to the America I Am exhibit in January. Will go to the Titanic exhibit. Science City is a must see for kids! Take your kids on a trip around Kansas City on the Amtrak from Union Station for an unforgettable experience. Visit the Rocky Mountain Chocalate Factory to end your visit on a positive note!

1  Thank amitche5

Been to Union Station? Share your experiences!