“What a tremendous brunch!”
Review of Coal Vines Pizza - CLOSED

Coal Vines Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ward Parkway & Jefferson
Description: New spot in Kansas City. Look on the web site and click on "Contact" to see the new Kansas City Location
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We went for a brunch Sunday, and were treated to the best-prepared omelettes I may have ever eaten, including some of the most colorful plates we'd all experienced, excellent service, and a great view overlooking the Plaza. WOnderful food, wonderful folks - thanks for a nice family outing.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I'd eaten the "Build Your Own Pasta" at Coal Vines on a previous visit, but took friends for their first-time visit, and we shared a fresh-from-the-brick-oven pizza, which was great. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting, and the aromas that waft from the kitchen are like beacons floating through the dining room. The menu also has a "Build Your Own Salad" menu, and various appetizers and entrees, which I can hardly wait to go back and sample. There's no liquor here, but plenty of great beer and wine selections. It's not your ordinary pizza and pasta joint, and the huge black-and-white mural of Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra looming at the back of the room serve as a reminder that there's some class still floating around, too!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I lived up in New York for several years, eating some of the best pizza our country has to offer. This is by far the best pizza I've had since I left. The crust and sauce were amazing! Will go back again and again!

1  Thank Harlaxton31
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We had wonderful salad, and pizza and wine...all for under $50 for two people. The pizza was perfect. We had the spicy meatball pizza...oh so good!! Locally owned too. Just a tip, try to sit in front, in the back by the pizza ovens it got a little warm...but it was 95 degrees outside that day.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I love thin crust pizza and have been searching for a good one in Kansas City for a long time….and I finally found a good one….no great one. Coal Vine Pizza on the Plaza is THE place to get pizza in KC. The crust is perfect; thin and crunchy but still has flavor and texture. The sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the crust; flavorful and applied just right (not too much). The toppings are first class.
My wife and I ordered the red pepper and sausage pizza and added mushrooms and basil. The pie arrived and just looked good. I quickly grabbed a slice and took a bite; nirvana! It was so good. My wife said I didn’t look up or say a word as I quickly ate the 1st piece. As I was half way through the second slice, I realized something was missing; they forgot to put on the sausage and red pepper. OK, this may sound funny, but what was left was a Margarita pizza with mushrooms….and it was great. The waitress and manager were embarrassed and ordered another pie for us to take home (OK, the pie was great when we got it home!). I really like this place; great pizza in Kansas City. The wait staff was great and the manager knows how to manage. I’m afraid the place is going to be packed, but we already have decided to order take-out and eat it across the street on Bush Creek! This is a great place with great pizza.