“Always a good dinner out!”
Review of Westside Local

Westside Local
Reserve with OpenTable
Westside Local is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,424 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W 17th
Transit: The 47 bus will drop you off at your table.
“Always a good dinner out!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times. The food Is always wonderful. Good service. Great specialty cocktails. Nice atmosphere.

Independence, Missouri
“Nice place for sandwiches using fresh, local ingredients”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've eaten here a few times. My favorite is the grilled cheese, and I usually try whatever soup or vegetable of the day is on offer. Westside Local is one of the wave of New American joints that stress using local ingredients in season, which is a big selling point for me.

• Visited March 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Westide Local - You Must Try It!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great place for lunch and dinner and they have a nice area to eat outside on a warm day.. Eat an early dinner there and then see something at the Kaufman. The dinner we had this past Saturday night was excellent. Try the Mac and Cheese - it is made with a light and delicious cheese sauce and then we added chicken to it. Also, the Pasta Putanesca is wonderful and the Arugula Salad and the soup of the day which was a creamy sausage soup were nice openers. Try the Cognac Cosmo or the Gin Pickle, but all of their specialty drinks look really interesting. Will go back again and again.

• Visited March 2013
KC
“Westside Local--just what it is!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for lunch and enjoyed it! I love the farm to table aspect of the place--it delivered in most areas! We went early and avoided the crowd for the most part.
We both had the grilled cheese and it was very good! The tomato soup was flavorful, homemade ketchup had a nice flavor, and our server recommended accompanying the garlic fries with their homemade ranch dressing as well. I chose the fries because of the raves I'd seen, and really these were a little disappointing. I think I was expecting more "farm" and less "Sysco" taste. I will be back, and order a salad with the sandwich next time. The food was good--simple and tasty.
Which brings me to the service. Attentive, helpful, friendly but not bothersome. The person I was with and I were pretty deep in conversation and he read us perfectly! Thanks for a nice lunch.

• Visited February 2012
Leavenworth, Kansas
“An array of tasty items that will make you come back for more”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Ate here today for the first time, though it has been recommended before as a place to try. Now I know why... Very laid back and friendly vibe in the Arts District neighborhood west of the Kaufman Center. We started off with a 'Pint of Fries'. The fries come covered in parsley and Parmesan. They were very crisp and tasty, and were served with their homemade ketchup and roasted garlic aioli. Then my daughter had their Mac n Cheese, and I had their Portobello Mushroom Sandwich with a side of sauteed tomatoes, onions, and arugula. Again, very tasty food that makes me want to come back and try more items on the menu. The service was very good and friendly which added to a very nice and relaxing dining experience for a late lunch. We will be back!

• Visited January 2013