Tripadvisor
Kansas City

“You don’t have to be vegan to love this place”
Review of Pirate's Bone

Pirate's Bone
Ranked #665 of 1,557 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am not vegan, but I follow this place on Instagram, and the food looked amazing....and it was! Fantastic vegan burger and fries....the “cheese” sauce was out of this world! I would put it on anything, or just eat a bowl of it! My friend had the beet burger, and I can’t wait to go back and try it. The only small drawback is that due to the nature of the space, you end up smelling like French fries, but that’s a small price to pay for the delicious food.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed December 12, 2019

Pirate’s Bone Burgers is a cozy little restaurant in the busy Crossroads District of Kansas City. They specialize in novel all-vegetarian food. I was here for lunch midweek, and the neighborhood was busy, but luckily, I was able to find street parking close by. The restaurant does not look all that impressive from the outside, except for the eye-catching pink door, but the inside is very openly arranged and has airy natural lighting. All seating is ‘at the bar’ style with comfortable chairs. We order food at the counter, our order is given a number identifier, and they bring the food to us when it is ready. Turnaround is pretty quick.

All sandwiches are made with purple color bun. The Classic Sandwich I had was great, and ample size for lunch. But, I was not impressed with the French Fries, which were somewhat soft. Prices are very reasonable. I plan to go there again, and try their Wednesday Waffle Special. This is a nice place for vegetarian lunch.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

If you’re expecting pirate ships and parrots, that’s not what Pirate’s Bone is about. They serve delicious plant based foods. It’s great vegan diner fare. The cheese fries looked amazing. We all tried the beet burger. It feels like the texture of a diner burger without the grease and guilt. I had a rice milk horchata to drink which was like drinking rice pudding. No alcohol is served. Yet. Customer service was friendly and efficient. Good place for grab and go.

Date of visit: November 2019