“KC May Be Known For Its BBQ, But It SHOULD Be Known For Its Crepes!”
Review of Chez Elle

Chez Elle
Ranked #2 of 45 Dessert in Kansas City
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Everything about Chez Elle was fantastic. The menu was incredible and we had a difficult time choosing! Finally I settled on a sweet crepe – The Citron, which is filled with lemon curd and fresh strawberries, and topped with whipped cream. My husband chose a savory crepe – The Monsieur, which is filled with spicy chorizo, seasoned potatoes and topped with gravy scrambled eggs.

For drinks, he had a café au lait, I had a latte miel. Both of them were delicious, and beautifully presented.

We sat outside in the 85 degree morning sun and a chatted with a couple of employees, who gave us all kinds of tips on where to go and what to do in this city. The atmosphere reminded me of a New York City sidewalk cafe, and I am now a HUGE crepe fan!

1  Thank chadrach3

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We love this great creperie in the heart of KC! The dessert crepes are awesome! Especially the citron and au chocolate. The savory crepes are good too. The dining room is divided into two areas. One of the areas has some cozy chairs where you can take your espresso or capuccino and curl up to read or use the free wifi. Service is done by ordering at the counter and your plates are delivered. There is a charming outside area where you can sip wine with friends. A cute atmosphere with a french flair.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Chez Elle strives for and achieves a Parisian feel, though it has American features like a walkup counter where you order and larger inside space for cold weather, when the patio wouldn't be pleasant. They have crepes here: breakfast and full meal types and dessert crepes. I've been here twice with friends and enjoyed the experience both times. The last time happened to be on Bastille Day, and the wait staff wore the red scarfs, the black berets and the black moustaches(even one of the ladies) in a light hearted salute to France. The neighborhood at 17th and Summit is a pleasant surprise that reminds me of old Kansas City with a non urban feel to it a couple of blocks from I 35. We had the Monte Christo and the Acropolis crepes - both were good and filling. This place is nicely close to theater performances at the Kaufman Center and downtown, and the service is fairly fast. I didn't think the prices too high for the nice experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Chez Elle specializes in crepes, and you won't be disappointed. Crepes are delicious and filling, the lobster bisque is to die for, and the atmosphere is quirky and fun. Great lunch place!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Two of the best meals I have ever had - two because we went twice in four days! Great location and neighborhood. Great environment in the old theater. Creative menu and excellent taste and value. Staff was a little bland but adequate ... if I have to say anything negative.

1  Thank Doogt