“Hidden gem”

Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

What an amazing hotel! Was in town for the OneThing conference and we stayed there 5 nights.

Firstly the price was really right! We got great discounted rates! And even when we booked an extra night, we were able to get the same discounted rate!

The rooms were stunning. In fact, we visited a friend at another hotel not too far and compared with this one ours was so much cleaner, easthetically pleasing and more valuablein terms of bang for our buck.

I think though the best part of our stay was Grandma Judy! She made our stay so home like. Her attention to detail and friendly demeanor was so charming. On a critical note, though the breakfast was delicious, I felt like there could have been some more variety on a daily basis. For instance maybe having bacon or sausage links one day or having chocolate chip waffles in addition to the others etc.

Oh and in terms of the fitness facility maybe updating the equipment and maybe adding some dumbells could really improve satisfaction!

Bit all in all, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and sharing your experience at our hotel.

Glad that you saw the value in saying at a surban hotel rather than staying at a downtown
hotel for your conference. You saved on breakfast, parking and internet fees along with
getting a room rate most likely half of what the downtown convention center hotels charge.
Just a short 15 min drive as well.

I will be glad to pass along your comments to our Grandma Judy. Hope to see you again next year's conference!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I booked my grandson and his wife at the Comfort Inn on Ambassador because my daughte and her family had a nice stay there.........We were very happy..Tausha Green & Grandma Judy made everyone welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol B

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to
post them on this web site.

Tausha Green & Grandma Judy are two of the very best at what they do. We are glad
to have them on our team. I will pass along your kind words to the both of them.

We hope to have you as our guest again very soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Why in god's name would you offer a shuttle service if you're going to leave these individuals at the airport for hours. My wife stayed at your hotel on 12/09/2013 next to kansas city airport and not only was stranded at the airport after dropping her daughter off to fly out but then was spoke to exceedingly rude by the young lady at the front desk over the phone when she called to request a pick up. After which the young lady never sent anyone to pick my wife up and refused to answer the phone again for well over an hour. It wasn't until another companies bus happened to drive by and was courteous enough to give my wife a lift to the motel so she could leave. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL SERVICE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucas M
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

We apologize for this confusion about the pick up of your wife at the airport. It seems that your stay with us was fine until this pick up issue came up. I've been trying to understand what went wrong. This kind of thing does not happen with our service.

We were not really that busy on that Monday morning. I spoke to our shuttle driver and he does
remember your wife and daughter and dropping them off. Just a thought, at the airport we are listed with other hotels on a "direct dail phone board" located in the baggage claim area. If she
used that phone to call us, there are two Comfort Inn hotels listed as Airport hotels. Actually the other property is about 8 miles away. There might have been some confusion there.

Please contact me directly at the hotel. I want to hear more of this and make things right.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a one-night stay before a flight home the next day. This hotel is in a great location for an airport departure as it's location is just a few minutes from MCI. We wanted to go to the Plaza area of Kansas City to see the holiday lights and found this hotel to be a bit distant (a 30-minute drive) from the downtown area.

We had a great room that was large, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful on both check-in and check-out.

There are only a few tables in the breakfast room and we thought that the space could be better utilized with some smaller tables so that more people could sit to eat breakfast. The breakfast was adequate.

There are many hotel options in this area near the airport but we would probably chose this one again for a flight departing from Kansas City Airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We are glad you chose us to overnight with when visiting Kansas City. We are very convenient to the KCI Airport and our shuttle runs from 4:30am -11:00pm everyday.

Our convenient location makes it easy to get downtown KC, Crown Center or the Plaza. We
hope to see you again. Thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn KC/Airport from Nov 24-30. I rented 2 rooms. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The mattress and pillows were luxury hotel quality. The service was very good, and every person we can in contact with was very friendly and helpful. We had easy parking near the main entrance.

They offered a complimentary breakfast, which I expected to be the typical continental breakfast of cold cereal and some bagels. But they had a full breakfast selection of scrambled eggs, sausage ,gravy and biscuits. You could also make regular or blueberry waffles on their great waffle iron! They also had the standard cereal, yogurt, juice, bagels, toast etc. It was delicious and plentiful. The best part of the breakfast is Grandma Judy. We had my 6 month old granddaughter, and every morning we would get a banana to mash up for her breakfast. Grandma Judy said this was her sweet "banana baby". One day the staff member who typically picks up the fresh bananas called in sick, and Judy took it upon herself to make other arrangements to make sure there were fresh bananas for breakfast. Even going so far as to hold one in the back for us each morning to make sure we got one. She is a jewel. We felt like she was our family while we were there. I have a nephew traveling from London to KC in a couple of weeks, and will definitely have him stay here. I know Grandma Judy and the great staff will take great care of him! I will definitely stay here again when visiting Kansas City.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 208 and 210 and it was very quiet. No road noise or elevator noise. Very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

It is so nice to read your review about our hotel and the staff members that made such
a nice impression on you.

We are fortunate to have such warm and caring front desk and breakfast associates that
truly care about our guests and what they think. We thank you for the nice comments and
hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Clean, quiet and convenient location to the airport. The hot breakfast was well stocked and the breakfast room was cozy. The only complaint was the noise of the heater in the room, it was very loud when it would click on and off.

• Stayed: November 2013
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for completing a review about our hotel on this site for all to see. I always share the comments with my staff so they can see what guests are talking about.

I will get my maintenance staff on that noisy heater unit, so others are not disturbed as you
were. Thank you for letting us know.

We hope to see you again on a return visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

From the time my wife and I arrived we were greeted by Desk Clerk-Kirk he was so pleasant so was the rest of the staff. Courteous and deeply concern with our stay. In the morning we were met by Miss Judith aka grandma Judith she started with a healthy warm and gracious smile to the point that before we left Illinois I reserved back at this hotel and hoped to see her again. I would not have any problems recommending this hotel to all my friends and family. If my business takes me back to Kansas City I will not look anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to share your experience with all to see. It is very gratifying to see my staff had this effect on you and that you have already made
a return reservation based on the care and concern that Kirk and Judy had with you.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your return stay with us.

Warmest kind regards,