All reviewsroom was cleankansas city airporthot tuban early flightthe breakfast areafridge and microwaveneeded a place to stayexercise roombiscuits and gravymorning breakfastshuttle servicefront desk staffstayed two nightsindoor poolenjoyed my staynice stayone night stay
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a standard property which is clean, comfortable, and offers few surprises (which can be a blessing!) -- except one. I was assigned an ADA room (not sure why, but I'm not complaining). When I went to take my morning shower before heading for my flight, I couldn't figure out how to engage the shower with either of the two handles. Yes, I could get the water running with one handle and adjust its temperature with another. But I could only get water to issue forth from the tub spigot after several attempts at combination turns, tugs, etc.

I called the front desk and was told "Oh, just pull. I've never done it myself, but I've seen the maintenance guys do it." So back I went and continued trying unsuccessfully. I called again. This being a Saturday morning, I was told there was no maintenance staff on hand but that the Head Housekeeper would be sent up. A pert, pixie-coiffed, puckish lady who was a hoot arrived and after several attempts, she, too, was bamboozled. "Hmmm, this isn't like the ones in the other rooms. Now I'm interested! Give me five minutes." She returned in five minutes with a nice man (maintenance - of whom there were none available?) and he then reached UNDER the spigot and - VOILA! - pulled down a spring action washer which initiated the flow from the overhead hand held shower nozzle. Problem solved for me AND the Head Housekeeper.

Mind you, at no time did the front desk clerk utter the works "spigot," "tap," or "under" when I'd sought her help. Upon check-out, I recommended that they post instructions in the bathroom as to how to engage the shower. Yeah, I'm a technophobe but I'm not an idiot and, frankly, think this would be a good idea. Otherwise, great room, great bed, great TV, and all reasonably priced. And, thank God, I wasn't rushing to catch my departing flight.

One more thing: the hotel's logo does not appear on the lodging signs approaching Exit 12 in either direction from I-29. Had I not called earlier in the day to ascertain the correct exit, I would never have found it. As it is, it's in a cluster of lodgings and would be easy to miss.

Room Tip: Remember, it's Exit 12 off I-29 - and turn LEFT is headed south and RIGHT if headed north, then right at the next light (just past the Hilton). The back entrance to which I was directed does NOT have a ramp if accessibility is an issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your "tricky" plumbing experience at our hotel.

After a couple of phone calls. Tausha, our Guest Service Supervisor and Roberto, (housekeeping not maintenance) was able to demonstrate the pull lever to get the shower flowing. Agreed that it is a little tricky.

Regarding the DOT/logo signs. We made the business decision not to renew the annual agreement with them. It was getting kinda of expensive. Most people use Mapquest, Google Maps, have a GPS or smartphone to find us.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Grandma Judy was one of most pleasant and hardworking breakfast room attendants I've seen!!! Our room was quiet, the staff helpful, but surprisingly, our room had no clock. Nice place, they offer free shuttle service and to more than just the airport... nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We try our best to keep the hotel clean, priced right and staff it with good staff members. You have met the star of our show, "Grandma Judy" The our morning breakfast is her stage and she does a great job.

Please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Comfort Inn Kansas City/Airport 9/12/13. We were greeted by Gracie, who was very nice and helpful upon check-in. Her sister, Tausha ,greeted us in the morning and helped us at check-out. They were a nice representation, for your establishment. In the breakfast room, which was well stocked with everything a bigger hotel would have, was Grandma Judy . What a fun and wonderful lady. She is all everyone has talked about on review pages, before I booked. She made sure you had everything you needed.There was scrambled eggs, What tasted like, turkey sausage, waffles and the standard fruits yogurt,muffins and breads with juices ,coffee,tea & Hot Chocolate. The room was clean and quiet, for being so close to the airport. Big enough stocked with micro,coffee machine,small refridge.Even though we didn't use it there was a pool and hot tub that appeared clear and clean. The only complaint was the air conditioner in our room, seemed to never shut off. When it did shut of it was only off maybe 1-1 1/2 minutes, and back on but it worked well. Not worth putting in a complaint.The beds were very comfortable . This was a very pleasant stay, and we'd definately stay again if in the area. We had a vehicle, but there is a shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We are always glad to hear comments about our hotel. It is nice to hear that our staff made your experience at our hotel a pleasant one.

At our front desk, Gracie & Tausha are sister's that do a great job at making our guests feel welcome. A hotel is nothing unless there are warm, caring team members that take care of our guests.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Feels like you're in a convention movie. What a treat. People are nice. guests are interesting. Guy tending bar is a new Yorker telling city slicker stories. Nice enough rooms. Decent room service. Little business centre. Good shuttle. What else do you want from a business airport hotel for the price. Dig it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We 'dig it"

We will keep things fresh and hope you come back and see us when you return to Kansas City.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room was super clean and comfortable. Pet-friendly, which for us is a must. The swimming pool was empty and we had it all to ourselves for a little while, which was awesome. Breakfast was the usual stuff, nothing fancy. Staff was approachable, although I'd stop short of calling them "friendly" - had a question about billing during our stay and the desk staff at the time seemed pretty defensive and disinterested in helping me figure it out. All is well, though, and I'd stay here in the future if we are ever in Kansas City again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nursenicole329
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you had the entire pool area to yourselves, at least for a short time. The pool is a popular amenity.

We want all of our guests to be met with friendly, well-trained associates that assist them
to have the best stay possible. I will share your comments with them.

We do hope to have you back again as our guest very soon.