“Great place to stay for the price!”

Candlewood Suites Northeast
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great place to stay for the price!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been to kansas city the last 3 summers. The first 2, i stayed at Candlewood Suites. The rooms are very nice/luxurious! The latest summer i stayed at the super 8 just down the road, not worth it. I will continue to stay at Candlewood. It is very convenient if you are going to Worlds of Fun. The rooms have a small kitchen and are all recently updated. Very clean hotel. Nice staff. I always recommend staying here when people are going to worlds of fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimmuller402
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are a extended stay property but we do have the one to two night stay guest. We welcome you and glad to hear you like our set up. Hope to see your family again and again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Easy access to Worlds of Fun and 435. Each suite has its own kitchen minus a stove. Hotel service is great. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Only negative I found and this was not the fault of the hotel...was the lack of restaurants close by. Waffle House is within a block of the hotel, but with a kitchen right in your room eating out is not necessary.

• Stayed May 2013
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We truly enjoyed having you with us. The next time you are here just let the front desk agent know you would like to have a toaster oven to use during your stay. We have three on hand for guest use. Not a oven make it can make a pizza. You may also be interested in the fact we are celebrating our three year opening and the gift was to the guest. - a lobby popcorn maker. The lobby smells wonderful and the popcorn taste great
Thanks again.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2013

First and foremost we'd like to say that some of these so-called reviews are way off base. This is the BEST motel in this neighborhood. That's it. We stayed two nights. It is three years new, clean, well staffed. Nothing was unsuitable. Nothing. We arrived early evening and needed an adjustment to our reservation to a different room (top floor). With other guests in line and with all rooms booked for that night, the change was arranged in one minute with courtesy and a smile. They advertise that pets are welcome. We neither saw nor smelled any evidence of pets. We were in a no smoke room and there was no sign that there had been smoking there. There were several young children in next room. NEVER heard them unless we were passing their door. Each employee we encountered in coming and going during our stay was was friendly and spoke to us. The desk clerks (we met five) were eager to engage in conversation. Quite unusual. All requests were accommodated. We visit KC several times a year. We'll be staying at this Candlewood again. You should also. Oh. No Breakfast Here. So What? Fresh Coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Now Y
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Oh my! Thank you for all those kind words.We enjoyed meeting you and your wife aswell. The entire staff is looking forward to seeing you on your next trip. Please let us know before your arrival so we will make sure you have the top floor.
Road Warrior
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent a week here on business, I typically stay down in Overland Park, which is a much nicer area, when I'm in KC but this hotel was a PC PointsBreak hotel so I couldn't pass up the deal and stayed here instead.

All in all this is a pretty decent hotel, the area isn't necessarily the greatest, it's not bad either but I probably wouldn't go out jogging alone at night if I were a single female. There really isn't a whole lot at the exit itself, just several hotels, a bar/grill, a gas station, a Wendys and of course Worlds of Fun is on the other side of the Interstate. If you are staying at a Candlewood you will probably utilize the kitchen to cook, I couldn't find a decent grocery store real close to the hotel so I just went up to the Hy-Vee in Liberty which is about 6 miles away, that it a nice, clean store.

MY room was pretty clean and in good condition but as another reviewer mentioned I also had quite a bit of dog hair in my room, especially on the sheets and blankets. Cable TV had a nice selection of channels, Internet worked OK, when it was working that is. The Internet actually was down an entire day almost, I really don't think they have the best ISP, it should not have been down that long in a business hotel, they should have had folks working on it ASAP. Eventually it did come back but a number of guests were not happy campers it was down so long.

As with all Candlewoods they have Sealy Postupedic mattresses, some folks love these, I personally find them a little on the firm side for my taste.

Hotel employees I dealt with were all friendly, no problems at all in that department.

Despite being very close to the Interstate I did not hear any road noise in my room. The guests were pretty quiet as well, it was mostly utility/construction type workers there during my stay. Thankfully Worlds of Fun was closed so no noisy kiddies staying there and running through the halls .

Over all I had a good stay so I'll call this one 3.5 stars, would I pay $90+ dollars a night for this hotel......probably not..... unless I was visiting Worlds of Fun and just wanted a conveniently located hotel, otherwise there are better places to stay for the price IMO.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlCzervik1
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
.Thank you for the review. Every property has their pros and cons on location but I’m glad to hear that you did try ours. I agree the internet is one of the most important amenities we offer. I'm sorry how we handled it however we now have a procedure in effect for the personnel to handle it more efficiently. Again thank you.
Hayden, Alabama, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Candlewood Suites Northeast in Kansas City, MO is a really great place to stay. It is new, everything works great. The exercise room is very nice as is the indoor heated pool. Sitting on a hill that gives a view of the Kansas City skyline is a perfect location. I was able to get downtown in 15 minutes, several of the casinos are within a ten minute drive. Being on the northeast puts it only 25 minutes from the stadiums, both baseball and football. The staff is outstanding and always speak when you pass the desk. They make you feel welcome to be there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Interstate. It reduces the road noise and provides a wonderful s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I hope others find it to be helpful when booking a room in our area. We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to a speedy return.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Candlewood Suites. The room was large and comfortable. Luckily we were on the top floor so didn't suffer from noisy guests above us. The staff were friendly and had a smile and a hello every time we passed reception. The hotel was located opposite World of Fun but it was closed during our stay so we were not bothered by noise.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the top floor to avoids unwanted noise from above
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the review. My staff and I enjoyed having you here. Have a safe and wonderful time in your travels. Hope to see you again.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This company is a fraud! I booked and paid for my entire stay in advance (a month) on line before taking the trip to see World of Fun with my family. They charge showed up on card which was all good and fine. However, when I checked in, I could not remember which credit card I had used and nor did they inform me (they should have pulled that information at my check in) Next thing I knew, they also charged my other credit card for the same stay besides the charges I had already paid for on my original card. They then again charged my original card and said, that was the cost which would add up to almost $1360.08 for two Queen rooms for 3 nights. Unbelievable! Plus, when the fraud dept from my credit card company tried to conference in with the billing at this hotel, she would not accept our call as she said we were rude! What a nightmare hotel and rude staff. They try to cheat a customer and then refuse to acknowledge that they did so and show an attitude!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Im sorry you feel that way. We tried to explain to your credit card company the the charge was put on one credit card but credited on another one. It was not our intent to mislead the charges in any way. We truely apologize for the confused in this matter.