“None Better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Springfield, Illinois
“None Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First and foremost we'd like to say that some of these so-called reviews are way off base. This is the BEST motel in this neighborhood. That's it. We stayed two nights. It is three years new, clean, well staffed. Nothing was unsuitable. Nothing. We arrived early evening and needed an adjustment to our reservation to a different room (top floor). With other guests in line and with all rooms booked for that night, the change was arranged in one minute with courtesy and a smile. They advertise that pets are welcome. We neither saw nor smelled any evidence of pets. We were in a no smoke room and there was no sign that there had been smoking there. There were several young children in next room. NEVER heard them unless we were passing their door. Each employee we encountered in coming and going during our stay was was friendly and spoke to us. The desk clerks (we met five) were eager to engage in conversation. Quite unusual. All requests were accommodated. We visit KC several times a year. We'll be staying at this Candlewood again. You should also. Oh. No Breakfast Here. So What? Fresh Coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Now Y
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Oh my! Thank you for all those kind words.We enjoyed meeting you and your wife aswell. The entire staff is looking forward to seeing you on your next trip. Please let us know before your arrival so we will make sure you have the top floor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent a week here on business, I typically stay down in Overland Park, which is a much nicer area, when I'm in KC but this hotel was a PC PointsBreak hotel so I couldn't pass up the deal and stayed here instead.

All in all this is a pretty decent hotel, the area isn't necessarily the greatest, it's not bad either but I probably wouldn't go out jogging alone at night if I were a single female. There really isn't a whole lot at the exit itself, just several hotels, a bar/grill, a gas station, a Wendys and of course Worlds of Fun is on the other side of the Interstate. If you are staying at a Candlewood you will probably utilize the kitchen to cook, I couldn't find a decent grocery store real close to the hotel so I just went up to the Hy-Vee in Liberty which is about 6 miles away, that it a nice, clean store.

MY room was pretty clean and in good condition but as another reviewer mentioned I also had quite a bit of dog hair in my room, especially on the sheets and blankets. Cable TV had a nice selection of channels, Internet worked OK, when it was working that is. The Internet actually was down an entire day almost, I really don't think they have the best ISP, it should not have been down that long in a business hotel, they should have had folks working on it ASAP. Eventually it did come back but a number of guests were not happy campers it was down so long.

As with all Candlewoods they have Sealy Postupedic mattresses, some folks love these, I personally find them a little on the firm side for my taste.

Hotel employees I dealt with were all friendly, no problems at all in that department.

Despite being very close to the Interstate I did not hear any road noise in my room. The guests were pretty quiet as well, it was mostly utility/construction type workers there during my stay. Thankfully Worlds of Fun was closed so no noisy kiddies staying there and running through the halls .

Over all I had a good stay so I'll call this one 3.5 stars, would I pay $90+ dollars a night for this hotel......probably not..... unless I was visiting Worlds of Fun and just wanted a conveniently located hotel, otherwise there are better places to stay for the price IMO.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlCzervik1
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
.Thank you for the review. Every property has their pros and cons on location but I’m glad to hear that you did try ours. I agree the internet is one of the most important amenities we offer. I'm sorry how we handled it however we now have a procedure in effect for the personnel to handle it more efficiently. Again thank you.
Hayden, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Candlewood Suites Northeast in Kansas City, MO is a really great place to stay. It is new, everything works great. The exercise room is very nice as is the indoor heated pool. Sitting on a hill that gives a view of the Kansas City skyline is a perfect location. I was able to get downtown in 15 minutes, several of the casinos are within a ten minute drive. Being on the northeast puts it only 25 minutes from the stadiums, both baseball and football. The staff is outstanding and always speak when you pass the desk. They make you feel welcome to be there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Interstate. It reduces the road noise and provides a wonderful s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DebraJGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I hope others find it to be helpful when booking a room in our area. We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to a speedy return.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Candlewood Suites. The room was large and comfortable. Luckily we were on the top floor so didn't suffer from noisy guests above us. The staff were friendly and had a smile and a hello every time we passed reception. The hotel was located opposite World of Fun but it was closed during our stay so we were not bothered by noise.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the top floor to avoids unwanted noise from above
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the review. My staff and I enjoyed having you here. Have a safe and wonderful time in your travels. Hope to see you again.
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This company is a fraud! I booked and paid for my entire stay in advance (a month) on line before taking the trip to see World of Fun with my family. They charge showed up on card which was all good and fine. However, when I checked in, I could not remember which credit card I had used and nor did they inform me (they should have pulled that information at my check in) Next thing I knew, they also charged my other credit card for the same stay besides the charges I had already paid for on my original card. They then again charged my original card and said, that was the cost which would add up to almost $1360.08 for two Queen rooms for 3 nights. Unbelievable! Plus, when the fraud dept from my credit card company tried to conference in with the billing at this hotel, she would not accept our call as she said we were rude! What a nightmare hotel and rude staff. They try to cheat a customer and then refuse to acknowledge that they did so and show an attitude!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
comfortliberty, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Northeast, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Im sorry you feel that way. We tried to explain to your credit card company the the charge was put on one credit card but credited on another one. It was not our intent to mislead the charges in any way. We truely apologize for the confused in this matter.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

All of the staff at this property are hospitable and warm. I was there for over 2 months and not only were they good to me and my team, they were also good to my dog. The Director of Sales always had "Milk Bones" waiting for my dog each day. A wonderful place to stay and very accomodating. It was nice to have such a great family so far from home! I miss the staff very much!

Room Tip: Ask for the side opposite of 435 to see the KC sunset and city lights.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
What a wonderful thing to say. The entire staff loved having you here aswell. We miss you and the puppy very much. See you both soon.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Candlewood at least 50 times this year and in the next 3 months will stay an additional 15-20 times.
The rooms are laid out perfectly for work, pleasure, and comfort. You can work on your computer and watch tv, cook and watch tv, eat and watch tv. The beds are fabulous and if you don't like the firmness of a pillow you can swap it out for one more to your liking. If I have a problem(like a broken light switch) they fix it promptly.
The staff is professional and courteous. Debra J, Dina, Aleshia, and Lydia bend over backwards to help you(even to the point of booking me into another motel when they were full).
It is truly my home away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eugene D
Thank you for the kind words. That is how we want every guest to feel here. But you have become more then a regular guest - you are part of our family. Thank you very much for your business