“I wasn’t disappointed!”

Kobi Q
Order Online
Ranked #664 of 1,628 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

Our son had eaten here and recommended it. So we went before a big concert and I am sure we’ll be back.

The Spicy BBQ and Rice Cakes was soooo good. Everything we had was tasty and tender and better than we had been told.

Even the picky eater loved his dish.

Not sure if you can ask to have dishes made spicier, I expected a bit more heat, but it’s hard to argue with great flavor!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank tnm_vac8

Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

Great service and food! Will return for sure. Must try ...Korean pancakes! Also Kfc chicken and happy hour is great as well.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Julie T
Reviewed September 12, 2018

We came in for dinner, but the appetizers were so unappealing that we went down the street for dinner. We had the shrimp tempura; it was really bland and served with the sauce that I expect to get with dumplings. The Korean Fried Chicken was sweet, but not spicy. We ordered the Ginger Chicken Nuggets. Trust me, no ginger was harmed in the making of that dish. I mentioned that to the waitress, who replied "I'll pass that on", then did not come back to our table again. We took the hint and left.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

As of this review, Kobi Q is a relatively new restaurant in a prime downtown location, just south of the Sprint center and Power & Light. Kobi Q must be owned and operated by a local family because our server turned out to be a friend, who stopped by for a bite, and was roped in to help serve because they were busier than expected at 8:00 pm. Our server and her four-year old helper/son were awesome. This place is good for families, dates, business lunches--anything for a good lunch or dinner.

My date and I started with a couple beers--she got a Sapporo and I tried the Hitachino Nest White Ale ($8), another beer imported from Japan. It poured cloudy into a glass (no complaints) and had bits of settlement (yeast) on the bottom of the glass when I finished it (again, no complaints), and it resembled a good wheat beer. A good, but not great, beer.

For our entrees, I ordered the Spicy BBQ and Rice Cakes dish ($18), which was spicy grilled pork or squid (I got pork) with chewy rice cakes and a house made red pepper paste. The flavors were tremendous--I loved it. The spice was high enough to awaken my tongue and taste buds to accept all the flavors of their sauce, but definitely not overpowering and sweat-inducing. It'll be hard to get anything else when I go back. My date ordered the Japchae Glass Noodles ($14), a sweet potato starch noodles (gluten free) with veggies and beef. It was a big portion and she couldn't finish it. When our server came at the end of our meal, she was genuinely concerned my date didn't like her entrée because about half of it was left, but I assured her it was because my date was stuffed. The only enhancement I would make to both dishes would be to add more veggies.

As I mentioned above, they were busy and I loved that the hostess seated us immediately and let us know that it may take a while to get service. Little things like that make a dining experience way more enjoyable, because it shows they care and gives patrons a heads-up of what to expect. While it took a while to get our food, it was worth the wait! As they work out the kinks in their operations and get a feel for how popular they will get at peak times, this place will become the go-to place for Korean BBQ.

Date of visit: July 2018