“Tengo Sed - I Said "Never Again"”
Review of Tengo Sed Cantina - CLOSED

Tengo Sed Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Aliceville, KS
“Tengo Sed - I Said "Never Again"”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We visited KC Power & Light District for the first time, and thought "What better way to start than with some margaritas and spicy munchies?" Mistake.
The District was beginning to get busy, but Tengo Sed wasn't. That should have tipped us off. We were seated on the patio. Because of the set-up of the enclosed KC Live area, it looks like you are outside, but you don't get the fresh air of outside, so it was surprisingly stuffy even on the patio. Nonetheless, that's nothing a few margaritas couldn't cure ... if we could just get some.
We waited over five minutes for a waitress, who slung menus, took quick drink orders, and vanished. Some ten minutes later, we spotted her walking to another area of the restaurant, gave a shout, and earned a visit during which she said she would check on our drinks and be right back. She was right back, only to inform us that the bartender was busy (doing what, we knew not, as the crowd was sparse), but she was sure our drinks wouldn't be long Another 5 minutes saw the return of our waitress with a huge tray, and drinks for every table on the patio, of which we were last. So, about 30 minutes after being seated, we got our first margaritas ... which I assume must have been poured from pitcher or one of those fruit punch machines. It was definitely prefab and lacking tequila. We had, in the interim, ordered some snacks, which eventually came as well ... also prefab tasting, and not up to even a Taco Bell standard. We paid our over-priced tab and were headed out the door. As we passed the bar area, we saw a young lady (waitress? bartender?) take a stirrer out of a pitcher, lick the liquid from it, put it back in the pitcher, and head off to a table. Yecchhh! One of our party asked a manager-looking type standing nearby if they saw that, and described what had happened, to be told that she must not seen it wrong.
Adios, Tengo Sed.
I hope a good bar and restaurant opens in the space when this one fails the rest of the way.

Detroit, Michigan
“The single worst dinner of my life”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We went to this place for a 40th birthday party for my brother in law. The service was awful (30 minutes to get drinks) and I've had better food in a 1970s-era school cafeteria. I ordered nachos, which I didn't think could be ruined, but they were. Chips were stale and out of a bag, there was obviously defrosted frozen chicken and "nacho cheese" out of a can on top. That was it- for $9! My wife ordered tacos, which again were obviously just frozen and reheated (The meat was sealed inside a tortilla instead of being a "normal" taco) and completely tasteless. My margarita had no discernable alcohol in it, and again it cost nearly $10. The service was so bad that we complained to the manager and he at least sent us some free drinks and cut our bill in half. However, the free drink once again had no alcohol in it that I could taste. I go out to eat a lot and this was simply the worst meal I have ever had anywhere in the world. DO NOT EAT HERE!