All reviews room was clean third floor wi fi the staff was friendly and helpful mattress
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Had a reservation for 4 nights could only stand to be there one uncomfortable night. First room we were in the TV didn't work so we moved to another room that was dirtier than the first this room the heat didn't work and had no hot water for a shower. Staff was ok kinda felt sorry for them that they had to work there.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Hi Heidi J,

Thanks for staying with us. It's great to hear that the team was quick to accommodate you to another room. We want our guests to rest easy so your comments about the condition of the amenities and the cleanliness are definitely not what we have in mind. I took notes and shared them with the management for prompt attention. Be advised that I also sent you a message to get more information.

Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 21, 2018

In early October, 2018, we checked into the Holiday Inn - Sports Complex. When we left the following morning, our car window had been smashed, our car rifled through and items stolen. We went to tell the hotel staff. They said, "that happened the night before last, too." I said that it sure would have been nice to know that so that we could be more vigilant and park closer to the front door.
Jerrica, the front office manager, said she would go through the surveillance tapes. I thought she was the only manager there. She did not offer her contact information; I had to ask for it. Neither her nor the front desk worker offered any help. I had to ask for towels so that we did not cut our hands to shreds as we were scooping the glass shards out of the car. As we were cleaning the car off, Jerrica came out to her car and smoked a cigarette and made a phone call. Oblivious, or uncaring, that we were out there cleaning up a mess because their hotel failed to keep us secure. No offer of help, no offer of a broom, nothing. They did give us plastic bags so we could put the glass in there as not to leave it on their parking lot.
I went back in to find out more information about the video, and another woman was there. Pamela, the general manager (relative of Jerrica?). I had no idea the general manager was there as Jerrica said she was the manager. Pam apologized and said while they take no responsibility, she would put 1,000 points on our rewards membership. It was nice, but laughable. 1,000 points...she may as well keep them.
We ended up having to delay our 4 hour trip home for 3 hours while we waited for a window repair place to fix the window, and $200 later, we were on our way.
I inquired specifically about what they would do with the surveillance findings and if they would contact us and the police. They assured us they would.
Two weeks later, nothing.
I received an email from IHG asking to review my stay and I did. It was followed up by a generic email by Jerrica saying "I apologize about anything happening to your car". I replied back and said that not only did she not contact us with a follow-up as promised (did she contact police? what did they say?), she also did not send the video she said she would.
She replied that it was "too large". No offer for a solution to burn it to CD, post it to a cloud service, nothing.
I asked for the general manager, Pam, to contact me, and several days later I have not heard from her.
The lack of security and failure to mitigate the security issue, the lack of concern as we found out we had just been robbed, and the lack of follow through after the incident at their hotel was negligent at worst and unprofessional at best.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank vmill835
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Hi, vmill835!

I went over your review and would like to know how I can help at this point. I am sorry for the little communication you are getting. I sent you a private message and hoping to get more details from you.

Thank you for your stay, and we would love to continuously serve you in your future travel plans.

Many thanks,

Anne A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a quick overnight weekend in KC we had a two queen bed suite. When we arrived the hotel staff could not have been better. So very nice and cheerful! Our room was extremely large. The room was very clean, bedding comfortable, and a great hot shower! The water pressure was fantastic too. We were on the second floor. This is a three floor building,but our room was quiet. The pool was busy, but kids need to burn off some energy. Breakfast was very good. I have NO complaints and would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

A bit out-of-date, but clean. Third floor never got as cold as I wanted based on the A/C, but comfortable. Room 310 near the elevator, but very quiet. Meeting rooms were spacious and very easy to use.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 4star1
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Our family members paid between $165-$195 per night after taxes for rooms it this hotel. 2 rooms each saw a roach in their room. 1 room the keys stopped working intermittently and the television got stuck on HBO. Another room, the Keurig coffee pot didn't work. The staff said they'd fix it. They never showed. We left with empty pockets and a mediocre stay. I can't reccomend it at that price. $85 per night maybe, but without the roaches.

Date of stay: June 2018