Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year and a half. It is close to our daughters school (less than 2 miles). We have enjoyed every stay. The hotel is very close to Raytown,Mo. There are quite a few restaurants as well as a Wal-mart if you need something for your trip. They have a pool but there is not a hot tub. The breakfast has always be very good. Its a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits,gravy,cereal, boiled eggs, toast, pastries You should be able to find something to snack on. we may be staying there again in two weeks when we go pick her up.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors to minimize people walking around while I am trying to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I didn't know anything about the area when I booked this hotel and supposedly, it is not in the best part of Kansas City. I would not have known because it is right on the 350 Highway and there is not a lot around the hotel. There are several stores further down the highway: Hy-Vee and Walmart are within a couple of miles.

The hotel is comfortable and clean. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly. They have a breakfast included with your stay, but I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot speak as to the quality of the breakfast. :)

The fitness center was a bit disappointing in that there were no weights at all. There is one treadmill, one elliptical and one recumbent bike.

Ask for rooms 121-126 as they are on the side away from the highway and have a nice view of a pond out back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here while attending a KC game and visiting the city. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. We needed extra towels and extra blankets (2 requests). Both brought to our room in a timely manner. Our toilet started running constantly but was fixed within an hour once we notified the front desk. The pool is a little small but my kids had plenty of fun!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel is clean and workers nice, but if you go there looking to be able to get cabs and delivery, you will not be able to. The horrible thing is that the vendors--Pizza Hut and Yellow Cab among them--won't tell you that they don't service the area until you've waited an unusually long time and call back. I hold Holiday Inn Express responsible for ensuring that their patrons have transportation and access to food. No shuttle or food options. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RENTAL CAR OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION.

• Stayed: March 2014
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Good day. Although we are very glad that you chose our Holiday Inn Express we are certainly frustrated with your experience regarding transportation and delivery. We are taking this opportunity to reach out to those vendors that service our location (including the two that you mention) and correct any issues that exist. We certainly appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to relay those. I would be happy to discuss this in further detail with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I chose this location because it is close to a birthday party I was attending. I was happy to get an early check in and the lady who checked me in was very nice and accommodating, however the evening front desk staff(young girl with redish blonde hair) was not as helpful. I called down for help with my heating unit and was told that she was too busy to come help me and I would have to wait 20 minutes. This would have been ok except that I was in a hurry to get ready for my evening plans, so I declined. About 30 minutes later I realized I forgot a comb for my hair and called down to see if they had one and they did, only I would have to come get it. This is not really a big deal except I would have to get completely dressed with wet hair, come down, then get undressed again( because the room was like 90 degrees like I said before, no help with the unit). It was really upsetting because when I left to go to my party the girl at the desk was SITTING in front of the computer doing nothing. Or at least it appeared that way..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and making the effort to tell us of the good and bad points of your stay. Please know that we are deeply saddened to hear that our staff services have not been able to effectively assist you during the time of your stay, and for that we are sorry. It is our goal to give our guests the best service there is we could offer, and your review will definitely be given its due attention so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. Thank you for the opportunity to improve and we sincerely hope that you would consider giving us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

A lovely hotel with a warm welcome. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - we asked them to recommend some restaurants locally were we could eat in the evenings and we were not disappointed! Hotels location was excellent all the usual tourist attractions within easy drive distance and also has good vacation spots nearby! Our room was very comfortable and spacious but be warned if you book a single room it may be a bit of a tight squeeze! All in all a lovely friendly hotel to enjoy, I would definitely stay there again and thoroughly recommend it to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding our hotel. Perfection is definitely what we strive for, and we always strive hard to give our guests our well-appointed guest rooms, exceptional customer services and utmost comfort at all times. We are extremely lucky to have a team of employees that sincerely care about our guest and their experiences. We appreciate very much your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean enough but had less than welcoming staff. Actually asking questions to them felt like you were burdening them. Tv didn't work, staff didn't care, didn't have change for the vending machine and told me to walk a mile down the road to convenience store. Booked a reservation, in which they failed to mention they were going to jack the rate up $50 for the weekend. Hot tub was totally almost drained but they left a foot of green algea in the bottom. Our room smelled very musty the whole stay. More less staff should be appreciative of their guest not rude.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank abvijoe
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

I apologize for the unsatisfactory customer service you received from the Front Desk. We appreciate the feedback that you gave us and rest assured that we will look into this matter. I’ll also make sure to let the staff know about your feedback and address these issues right away. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
#6 of 18 in Independence
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Stadium
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Address: 8551 E State Route 350, Kansas City, MO 64133-4730
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range: $115 - $260 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex 2.5*
The newest addition to Kansas City, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex! We are conveniently located near the Kansas City Sports complex, home of the Chiefs and Royals. Chill out in downtown Kansas City just a short drive from our front door. With our world class service and many Kansas City restaurants and attractions just moments from our front door, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Kansas City! This state-of-the-art hotel features special in room amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our swimming pool, business center, wireless Internet access in all public areas and fitness center. Points of Interests Attractions: Kauffman Stadium, home to the Kansas City Royals and Arrowhead Stadium, home to the Kansas City Chiefs. Businesses: GE Energy, Unilever Best Foods, Time Warner, Bayer Corporation, Ford Motor Company, & Cerner Corporation. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kansas City Sports Complex ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kansas City Sports Complex