“Above our expectations”

Ranked #57 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Muskegon
“Above our expectations”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here while attending a KC game and visiting the city. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. We needed extra towels and extra blankets (2 requests). Both brought to our room in a timely manner. Our toilet started running constantly but was fixed within an hour once we notified the front desk. The pool is a little small but my kids had plenty of fun!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel is clean and workers nice, but if you go there looking to be able to get cabs and delivery, you will not be able to. The horrible thing is that the vendors--Pizza Hut and Yellow Cab among them--won't tell you that they don't service the area until you've waited an unusually long time and call back. I hold Holiday Inn Express responsible for ensuring that their patrons have transportation and access to food. No shuttle or food options. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RENTAL CAR OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION.

• Stayed March 2014
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Good day. Although we are very glad that you chose our Holiday Inn Express we are certainly frustrated with your experience regarding transportation and delivery. We are taking this opportunity to reach out to those vendors that service our location (including the two that you mention) and correct any issues that exist. We certainly appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to relay those. I would be happy to discuss this in further detail with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I chose this location because it is close to a birthday party I was attending. I was happy to get an early check in and the lady who checked me in was very nice and accommodating, however the evening front desk staff(young girl with redish blonde hair) was not as helpful. I called down for help with my heating unit and was told that she was too busy to come help me and I would have to wait 20 minutes. This would have been ok except that I was in a hurry to get ready for my evening plans, so I declined. About 30 minutes later I realized I forgot a comb for my hair and called down to see if they had one and they did, only I would have to come get it. This is not really a big deal except I would have to get completely dressed with wet hair, come down, then get undressed again( because the room was like 90 degrees like I said before, no help with the unit). It was really upsetting because when I left to go to my party the girl at the desk was SITTING in front of the computer doing nothing. Or at least it appeared that way..

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and making the effort to tell us of the good and bad points of your stay. Please know that we are deeply saddened to hear that our staff services have not been able to effectively assist you during the time of your stay, and for that we are sorry. It is our goal to give our guests the best service there is we could offer, and your review will definitely be given its due attention so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. Thank you for the opportunity to improve and we sincerely hope that you would consider giving us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A lovely hotel with a warm welcome. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - we asked them to recommend some restaurants locally were we could eat in the evenings and we were not disappointed! Hotels location was excellent all the usual tourist attractions within easy drive distance and also has good vacation spots nearby! Our room was very comfortable and spacious but be warned if you book a single room it may be a bit of a tight squeeze! All in all a lovely friendly hotel to enjoy, I would definitely stay there again and thoroughly recommend it to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding our hotel. Perfection is definitely what we strive for, and we always strive hard to give our guests our well-appointed guest rooms, exceptional customer services and utmost comfort at all times. We are extremely lucky to have a team of employees that sincerely care about our guest and their experiences. We appreciate very much your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean enough but had less than welcoming staff. Actually asking questions to them felt like you were burdening them. Tv didn't work, staff didn't care, didn't have change for the vending machine and told me to walk a mile down the road to convenience store. Booked a reservation, in which they failed to mention they were going to jack the rate up $50 for the weekend. Hot tub was totally almost drained but they left a foot of green algea in the bottom. Our room smelled very musty the whole stay. More less staff should be appreciative of their guest not rude.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank abvijoe
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I apologize for the unsatisfactory customer service you received from the Front Desk. We appreciate the feedback that you gave us and rest assured that we will look into this matter. I’ll also make sure to let the staff know about your feedback and address these issues right away. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Check in wast ok , everyone was nice & friendly! Room nice & clean! Did not have remote in room, told front desk, they quickly got one to our room in about ten minutes. Nothing outstanding or spectacular , just a nice place to spend the night!

Room Tip: Complimentary breakfast ok!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. And we highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience.I apologize about the remote. Good thing it was handled right away. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We traveled from Southeast MIssouri and arrived around 10:30pm. We met my sister in law to share a room and she had the room open for us. She said check-in went smoothly & they told us we could split the room charge at check-out. The hotel was easy to find and parking lot was very well lit - we felt safe arriving late at night in a city we are unfamiliar with. The lobby was very inviting and there was always at least two staff members @ the front desk every time I went thru the lobby. The rooms were spacious, a bit more room than normal for a two double-bed room. The room had a mini fridge and microwave which we utilized. The room was clean, as was the bathroom - and I have high standards for clean bathrooms!! My husband did say his pillow had a weird scent...but my sister and I didn't have any complaints - seemed clean and was def comfortable bedding. We did crank the a/c down and it seemed to take awhile to kick on...but we were also all sunburnt and probably impatient! We were on the first floor and close to an exit, but it was still very quiet - never heard a peep from our neighbors or through the hallways. The breakfast was convenient. Large eating area, including tables and couches with a tv for early morning news. I had biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt and juice. Fresh variety available. We split the room charge with my sister in law, and even splitting it ended up being $100 each--AFTER a corporate discount. I know that the Dallas Cowboys were in town to play the KC Chiefs, and the stadium was close. Perhaps that was the jump in prices, but I was shocked it was on the pricey side. If we hadn't of shared with my sister I wouldn't have booked a standard room for over $200/night. All in all -- great stay for our purpose!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It’s gratifying that you mention the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. We certainly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have about the pillow and the rates. We’ll make sure to look into this matter. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you completely with our service quality.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
#15 of 108 in Kansas City
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Address: 8551 E State Route 350, Kansas City, MO 64133-4730
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #57 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex 2.5*
The newest addition to Kansas City, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex! We are conveniently located near the Kansas City Sports complex, home of the Chiefs and Royals. Chill out in downtown Kansas City just a short drive from our front door. With our world class service and many Kansas City restaurants and attractions just moments from our front door, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Kansas City! This state-of-the-art hotel features special in room amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our swimming pool, business center, wireless Internet access in all public areas and fitness center. Points of Interests Attractions: Kauffman Stadium, home to the Kansas City Royals and Arrowhead Stadium, home to the Kansas City Chiefs. Businesses: GE Energy, Unilever Best Foods, Time Warner, Bayer Corporation, Ford Motor Company, & Cerner Corporation. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kansas City Sports Complex ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kansas City Sports Complex