“Nice place to spend the night”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Check in wast ok , everyone was nice & friendly! Room nice & clean! Did not have remote in room, told front desk, they quickly got one to our room in about ten minutes. Nothing outstanding or spectacular , just a nice place to spend the night!

Room Tip: Complimentary breakfast ok!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. And we highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience.I apologize about the remote. Good thing it was handled right away. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We traveled from Southeast MIssouri and arrived around 10:30pm. We met my sister in law to share a room and she had the room open for us. She said check-in went smoothly & they told us we could split the room charge at check-out. The hotel was easy to find and parking lot was very well lit - we felt safe arriving late at night in a city we are unfamiliar with. The lobby was very inviting and there was always at least two staff members @ the front desk every time I went thru the lobby. The rooms were spacious, a bit more room than normal for a two double-bed room. The room had a mini fridge and microwave which we utilized. The room was clean, as was the bathroom - and I have high standards for clean bathrooms!! My husband did say his pillow had a weird scent...but my sister and I didn't have any complaints - seemed clean and was def comfortable bedding. We did crank the a/c down and it seemed to take awhile to kick on...but we were also all sunburnt and probably impatient! We were on the first floor and close to an exit, but it was still very quiet - never heard a peep from our neighbors or through the hallways. The breakfast was convenient. Large eating area, including tables and couches with a tv for early morning news. I had biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt and juice. Fresh variety available. We split the room charge with my sister in law, and even splitting it ended up being $100 each--AFTER a corporate discount. I know that the Dallas Cowboys were in town to play the KC Chiefs, and the stadium was close. Perhaps that was the jump in prices, but I was shocked it was on the pricey side. If we hadn't of shared with my sister I wouldn't have booked a standard room for over $200/night. All in all -- great stay for our purpose!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It’s gratifying that you mention the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. We certainly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have about the pillow and the rates. We’ll make sure to look into this matter. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you completely with our service quality.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is located a bit off the Interstate and in kind of a dicey area, but the room was clean and large and check-in very easy.

The gym is rudimentary at best and not all equipment worked.

Breakfast was OK and the server very friendly but they did not have the automatic pancake machine. We got bottles of water at IHG members which is nice.

1  Thank HanoiIG
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear HanoiIG,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We recently visited my son and wife in the KC area and my son suggested this place because of the close proximity to his house. Check-in went smooth the front desk staff were very friendly accommodating. When looking for our room we found the room number missing but soon figured out which one it was. We were on the third floor and near the elevator, which was convenient. We also found the third floor to be very quiet. We had a king suite which had very comfortable furniture, and a super comfortable king bed, soft sheets and 4 pillows. The carpeting was dated and looked like it needed to be cleaned. The wet bar was a nice feature. The ice machine on the third floor was broken, but the other two worked, which was just a short elevator ride. We were spending three nights, so it was nice to have room to spread out and have visitors. Breakfast was better than most, there were two girls that did keep the food stocked even until the ending time, but they were both not friendly and were a bit rude at times. Housekeeping staff were all friendly. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and probably would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Pat B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Krysllin G

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel August 09, 2013. Overall experience was ok I guess. The room was pretty clean which was nice. I will say that my biggest complaint was that the morning breakfast staff which could not possibly have been ruder. These two girls sense of urgency in keeping food out was nowhere to be found. Muffin tray empty the entire time I was in the dining area. And hot food was out the majority of the time as well. Unclear what needed to happen to get these two people to move with a little sense of urgency. It was interesting to hear how they would respond to morning diners when they were asked for something. They moved and treated people in the dining area with nothing but contempt. It’s pretty obvious that they really hate their job. I’d say that that experience alone would probably keep me from staying in this hotel all by itself. The only reason I picked this place was because it was close to the stadium.

Room Tip: If you want a decent breakfast then I would suggest going out or staying at another hotel. Breakfast...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Garry A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are very sorry you were not so pleased with your recent stay at our hotel and offer our sincere apologies for the poor service you experienced in the breakfast area, which are certainly not up to our usual standards. Kindly be assured that your comments will be used to monitor and improve the quality of product and service we offer our guests.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortfalls.

Connie D

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start with the fact the hotel was accommodating since our priority club reservation had the incorrect date. Priority club called the hotel confirmed reservations for the correct date. The front desk recognized us as pc members that had the reservations for the incorrect date. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Overall we enjoyed our stay based on the staff friendliness. That made all the difference. We recommend this hotel for its courteous staff and cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. And we highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience. Thank you for recommending out hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was sorely disappointed with my stay at this hotel. I chose it for the location, being one of the closest to Kaufman Stadium. The front desk staff was friendly but did not explain any of the amenities (breakfast times, wifi, etc). When I asked about transport to the Stadium, I received a number for a shuttle service that was utterly useless. I saw a van and driver in the lobby area that I knew went to the Stadium, but that service was not offered to me. As far as I could tell, it was not offered to anyone, as the driver just sat there. The cost of a cab to the Stadium is approximately $15 one way, and the location of the hotel is such that you will need to call an hour in advance to get one.
The room was average. It showed a bit of wear that was surprising compared to the new looking facade on the building. The walls were pretty thin; by the sounds of it, the housekeeping crew was in full swing by 8 AM. The first day I went down to breakfast the workers closed it 30 minutes early, forgetting that the hours were different on the weekends. When the guests pointed it out to them, they were embarassed, but did nothing to correct the situation besides warm a couple bagels. The lack of effort and concern was appalling.
To me, there was very little that was redeeming about this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Blue Parkway side get a bit of road noise starting around 6:30 AM.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Sapperlight,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel from the Stadium. We would like to apologize for the service you received that did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize you were not satisfied with the room accommodations you had and our Shuttle services. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Address: 8551 E State Route 350, Kansas City, MO 64133-4730
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range: $110 - $232 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex 2.5*
The newest addition to Kansas City, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex! We are conveniently located near the Kansas City Sports complex, home of the Chiefs and Royals. Chill out in downtown Kansas City just a short drive from our front door. With our world class service and many Kansas City restaurants and attractions just moments from our front door, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Kansas City! This state-of-the-art hotel features special in room amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our swimming pool, business center, wireless Internet access in all public areas and fitness center. Points of Interests Attractions: Kauffman Stadium, home to the Kansas City Royals and Arrowhead Stadium, home to the Kansas City Chiefs. Businesses: GE Energy, Unilever Best Foods, Time Warner, Bayer Corporation, Ford Motor Company, & Cerner Corporation. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kansas City Sports Complex ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kansas City Sports Complex