“Run Far Far Away”

Ranked #96 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Hannibal, Missouri
“Run Far Far Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I check in expected their advertised price it was much higher and I had to pay a deposit on the ,Key the sliding door did not lock told by clerk to use the stick at door to keep it locked, security was not their problem. I went to take a shower noticed there was no rags or towel. clerk told me I had to buy my own and my own ----paper as well,being there for a week I expected a microwave and fridge they never furnish them the tv did not work Noticed water fountains around the place did not work to keep things cold I had to use ice,their ice machine never worked there was people cursing in the hallways with a lot of noise,clerk was very rude.RUN from this had very special family photos that was left by accident, house keeping didn't turn things in my photo's was put out with trash. Run from this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank hardhead_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Turin, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We changed 3 rooms:the first didn't have courtains at the window and was very dirty,the second was Worse,the third was with no towels and NO igenic paper!!when we asked for it they said thant it would take one hour to have it,because they have to buy at the market!!we asked to be refound but they didn't. In the evening we had igenic paper but we spent the all nught in the dark and in the heat because There was no electricity!!the worst place in the world you could stay!!don't go!!i don't know how could it be open!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sara A

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Hollister, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

When we arrived, the a.c. in the lobby was not working. The clerk gave us our keys and said they might not work. We tried dozens of times, to no avail. He came to help, and also could not open the door. He then went down the hall to another room (which he opened), but IT WAS OCCUPIED!!! He didnt even knock first. So he went and got another set of keys, made us pay a deposit for them and let us in another room. The a.c. was not running when we entered. The light in the bathroom didn't work. The bed is hard as a rock. The cable is approximately 6 channels. There is a coffee maker, but no coffee pot. When we went to use the toilet, there was FECES ON THE TOILET PAPER!!!! Do not stay here under any circumstances, you are better off in your car than at this dump.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank kcappelli
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

As a foreigner myself I would like to leave favorable comments since the place is owned by foreigners. This was a bad experience for me. Could not sleep well since bedbugs were everywhere. My key worked 20% of the time. Not a safe place for a woman by herself, strange guys were at my door while i'm trying to get in even though I never saw them in the hallway. The noise level during the overnight hours were horrific. People screaming profanities in their rooms and the hallway. The balcony glass door was broken, lucky for me that I was on the third floor. Just stay away. One night I killed 8 bedbugs on my pillow and 15 on the bed.

Room Tip: n/a
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank karkar1622
kcmo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

INFESTED with Bedbugs that's all I'm Going to say....You take it from there.

3 Thank Bedbugvictimkcmo
Atkinson, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

This motel is the most ghetto motel I've ever seen. First off, the lobby area didn't have air conditioning, so we were sweating just checking into our room. The front desk clerk wasn't very friendly, and when we were walking in the motel she was just sitting outside smoking her cigarette with some buddies. Once we got our room key, we TRIED to get in our room. After probably 30 tries, our key did finally work. The room itself did not have the air running when we got into it. We tried to figure out how to run the air conditioning unit, but we couldn't get the cover open to use the thermostat. We went back to the front desk and one of the maintenance guys had to come to our room to assist us. It also took him about 30 tries with his key before he got into our room. He also struggled to get the cover open on the air conditioning unit to turn the air on. Also, the room had a balcony, but the door would not open at all. The room was VERY shady. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom, and there was no shampoo or bar of soap. We quickly decided we didn't want to stay here, and turned around and turned in our keys and found a new motel for the night.

3 Thank NETraveller87
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I do not even understand how this place is still open!! I would not recommend anyone to this hotel, even if they were my worst enemy...that's how bad it is! The staff is not friendly at all. The rooms are disguisting. The air was not working properly in the room, so it was very hot in there. The keys to get into the rooms would not work until after about 20 tries. We walked into the room and walked out 5 minutes later. There are definately some shady characters around the hotel too. It is really not safe to be at this hotel.

2 Thank 000229454
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South
Super 8 Lees Summit
Super 8 Lees Summit
#7 of 11 in Lee's Summit

Been to Capital Center Inn? Share your experiences!