“Heed my warning”

and 1 more site!
Capital Center Inn
Ranked #98 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed May 17, 2011

As a foreigner myself I would like to leave favorable comments since the place is owned by foreigners. This was a bad experience for me. Could not sleep well since bedbugs were everywhere. My key worked 20% of the time. Not a safe place for a woman by herself, strange guys were at my door while i'm trying to get in even though I never saw them in the hallway. The noise level during the overnight hours were horrific. People screaming profanities in their rooms and the hallway. The balcony glass door was broken, lucky for me that I was on the third floor. Just stay away. One night I killed 8 bedbugs on my pillow and 15 on the bed.

Room Tip: n/a
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank karkar1622

Reviewed October 16, 2010

INFESTED with Bedbugs that's all I'm Going to say....You take it from there.

3  Thank Bedbugvictimkcmo
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This motel is the most ghetto motel I've ever seen. First off, the lobby area didn't have air conditioning, so we were sweating just checking into our room. The front desk clerk wasn't very friendly, and when we were walking in the motel she was just sitting outside smoking her cigarette with some buddies. Once we got our room key, we TRIED to get in our room. After probably 30 tries, our key did finally work. The room itself did not have the air running when we got into it. We tried to figure out how to run the air conditioning unit, but we couldn't get the cover open to use the thermostat. We went back to the front desk and one of the maintenance guys had to come to our room to assist us. It also took him about 30 tries with his key before he got into our room. He also struggled to get the cover open on the air conditioning unit to turn the air on. Also, the room had a balcony, but the door would not open at all. The room was VERY shady. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom, and there was no shampoo or bar of soap. We quickly decided we didn't want to stay here, and turned around and turned in our keys and found a new motel for the night.

3  Thank NETraveller87
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I do not even understand how this place is still open!! I would not recommend anyone to this hotel, even if they were my worst enemy...that's how bad it is! The staff is not friendly at all. The rooms are disguisting. The air was not working properly in the room, so it was very hot in there. The keys to get into the rooms would not work until after about 20 tries. We walked into the room and walked out 5 minutes later. There are definately some shady characters around the hotel too. It is really not safe to be at this hotel.

2  Thank 000229454
Reviewed May 9, 2010

stayed at capital inn:
interesting place, very reasonable, its a very good deal.
they are doing a lot of renovating and putting in new stuff.
id like to come back and enjoy it more after the renovations.
very comfortable

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2010

This place was great. The staff were really helpful and the rooms were clean. I was a bit curious when I first read about this place online when I booked my stay but found all the other reviews to be either unreliable or out of date. This place was great for my kids, who really enjoyed their pool and the price was at a level which our family could afford. Def would recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank knishman9985
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Very nice hotel in this area, I really liked the lobby high ceilings, fireplace, pool table, flat screen tv, plants, it seems they did alot of renovation from my last visit and I really like it. Rooms were nice staff was very friendly and nice overall I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Courtyard Kansas City South
Courtyard Kansas City South
#49 of 109 in Kansas City
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave

Been to Capital Center Inn? Share your experiences!