“First Timer & it was great”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,452 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wornall Road
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time eating at a Fogo de Chao. We didn't have reservations, but were sested quickly. Service was fast & friendly. The food was amazing. I'd definitely eat here again. Only 4 stars because its pretty expensive.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Awesome food in a great Brazilian steakhouse fashion; was there a year ago w a large group and all left happy!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Although I went with a group of meat lovers, this restaurant really fell short of outstanding. The salad bar was not appealing at all, not many choices. The meat was okay, and the sides left much to be desired. I also, did not care for the random server staff. I never knew who our server was, and felt odd asking whomever for a drink. It appears they all just work around the entire room, which is something I am just not used to, and did not care for.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Great food, atmosphere and service. A perfect place for special occasions. If you are not a meat eater then no worries because there is a fabulous salad bar.

Always a good experience every time I go. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny. Lunch time menu is at a discounted rate.

1  Thank Kdjohnson69
Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you have ever dreamed of dying by drowning in meat (and enjoyed it), this place is for you! The meal starts off with a great anti-pasta bar, then with the seeming innocuous flip of a little green and red card, the meat parade will begin. 16 different cuts, from cows, pigs, chickens and lambs. All delicious. Need a break in the action? Simply flip the little puck over to red and the meat peddlers will leave you alone. The amount and frequency is all up to you. For desert, the Brazilian Flan was the best, most smooth and velvety rich thing I have ever eaten. The only thing was was not top notch taste wise was the little side dishes they bring out. They just seemed like kind of bland fillers. They were not "bad", just not up to the level of the rest of the food.

Now, that that all being said, I won't be going back to this restaurant. While the food was delicious, I left actually feeling bad about myself and the gluttonous amount of food I ate. Now, that is my fault, not the restaurant's, so I won't blame them, however the simple fact is that type of meal is just my cup of tea anymore. But, if it is your cup of tea, this place is pretty awesome. Customer service, ect was outstanding. We went there with our 9/5/4 year olds, and they did a fantastic job of catering to their needs.

1  Thank NRAGuy4Life