“a must try”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wornall Road
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
blessedacw8
“a must try”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

my husband & I went for v-day to try this place for the first time....fogo de chao exceeded our expectation....food, service & the ambiance were excellent!

Kansas City, Missouri
“Again & Again”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and love Fogo so much we take almost every adult visitor from out of town here for dinner. Its an adult buffet, a carnivore’s delight, and the service is impeccable!

Sure it’s on average $100 a couple for dinner....but you can say that about any decent restaurant these days........Seasons 52, Room 39, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Bonefish, etc... But, can you honestly say you have walked away from them with absolute certainty that your craving for flame broiled morsels has been quenched?

• Visited December 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great (expensive) all you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first time at a Brazilian Steakhouse and we went for an end of work party sort of thing. Be sure to make reservations for here because it tends to be packed all the time. We were seated and the wait staff brought water out and some of the cheese rolls which were delicious.

We attacked the sale bar first. Plenty of greens, meats, cheese, veggies, etc to choose from and it was delicious and fresh. They also brought some garlic cheese mashed potatoes, a banana side dish and a few other small things out. The banana was good and sweet, but not too sweet like my drink was.

I tried 5-6 of the meats. I had to turn my card to red to keep the gauchos from coming and so I could actually eat. The Picahna was delicious and was the rib eye. i wish I would have gotten a chance to try the chicken though. The meat was tender and you can get anything from medium rare to well done which is appreciated.

To drink, I had a caipirinha. This has pure sugarcane in it and it is incredibly sweet. I couldn't finish it because it was so sweet! For dessert, I had a chocolate and vanilla mousse type of cake which was delicious.

This place is pricey and I probably wouldn't go there on my own because of it. It can be overwhelming with the people coming in with the meats when you're trying to eat. Definitely a place to try though if you're looking for good food!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Christine G
Barcelona
“great service food close but no cigar”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have eaten at 3 other Fogo's in Beverly Hills, LasVegas and San Paulo. So believe I can compare.
Service here is more than good. It is extraordinary.
Never have we been waited on so well.
Yet the meat fell short as did the salads etc.
The meat was tender but not tasty. The lamb especially was poor not tender at all.
They tried but it just never was up to the other restaurants. Also as the night progressed it became even worse.
They are doing a great business so may not be noticed as good service can cover a lot of issues.
We were very impressed by the effort they went too to try to please.
Wine list ok but overpriced.
Go for the service not incredible meat.

• Visited January 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Love this place”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I only came here once but had a wonderful experience. I left very full, and very happy. It's a big pricey, but it's worth it. We went here for a dinner and I would almost say go here for lunch and you won't need to eat all day. The service is EXCELLENT. The minute you turn your chip to show you want meat there is someone at your table in 10 seconds. Not only is the meat delicious but the salad bar is also very good as well. ALong with the dessert they bring you. I would highly recommend this for a date night...maybe not your first date because you don't want to pig out, but definitely good for groups of people as well!

• Visited March 2012