“great tapas restaurant”

La Bodega - Kansas City
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bodega - Kansas City is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,612 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 6, 2019

Took my GF here for her birthday dinner. great atmosphere, amazing food, great service. Perfect place for a date night, share multiple plates and enjoy.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed February 4, 2019

If you are in Kansas City for only 1 day, don't miss this! The food was amazing! I had paella and sangria. I have had better sangria, but the paella was wonderful. The waitress was friendly, spot on, and had great recommendations for food. I would recommend getting there early as it filled up quickly! Apparently, we weren't the only ones who thought it was awesome!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Went here for dinner, and made the mistake of going during restaurant week. We all ordered from the special menu, which was a mistake. The salads were way overdressed, the tapas that were supposed to be on toasted bread were just on thick slices of bread, and the paella was horrible.....mine only had two shrimp (for an extra charge) and despite adding tons of salt and pepper, had no flavor at all...really disappointing. The drinks were great though, and even though our waitress was super busy, she was great. It will be awhile before I’m back....

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Had a group of 14 people. Had reservations long in advance and they seated us quickly. It was REALLY loud at first until all the Happy Hour people left and then we were probably the loud ones. They do not do a good job with noise abatement. Anyway, we ordered LOTS of tapas, cocktails and pitchers of sangria. All wonderful. Our tapas came slowly, a few at a time. We had been finished with them for a while and I realized that 5 of them had never been served. At least 5 that I could think of. I asked the server. He checked the menu. He left. He came back, took food orders. Still no missing tapas. I asked him what about the missing tapas? He said 2 had to come from a different place (?) but 3 were coming. This was at least 30 mins later. OK The 3 did finally show up. Those that ordered entrees got them. Finally the other 2 tapas arrived. It was very weird how long it took and how they were listed on our order and they certainly didn't forget to charge us. Our bill was hefty but it was 14 people and the tapas were really delicious. Just very disappointing that I hadn't kept better track of what was ordered vs what was delivered and they didn't either. And plus the fact that I had to hound our server about them was disappointing. Anyway it was really good, I never got an entree,I was full of tapas and sangria and would definitely go back but I would keep very close eye on them. Especially in a large group. Very crowded and difficult to move around. Very loud. Not a nice romantic place at all. Tasty, very tasty however.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

This place never misses. Great cocktail menu, sangrias and tapas. Recommend stuffed dates, Jamaican #20 on cocktail list and don't forget to finish with Spanish coffee!

Date of visit: January 2019