“Holy Yummie - ness”

La Bodega - Kansas City
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bodega - Kansas City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,411 Restaurants in Kansas City
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
“Holy Yummie - ness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I LOVE tapas / small plates! It was our first time eating at La Bodega while we were traveling from South Carolina to Colorado. The atmosphere was amazing. They have a great wine list and menu. Two dishes that I remember were amazing were the spanish paprika encrusted pork that was so tasty and melted in our mouths and the flash fried shoshito peppers tossed in a smoked spanish paprika sea salt. SO YUMMY. PLEASE PLEASE try this place, you won't be let down!

• Visited December 2013

Colorado
“Delicious and festive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

La Bodega has a lovely and welcoming outdoor space. We saw it from the street earlier in the day and decided to go for dinner.

I'll admit to not being a big tapas/small plates fan. At the end I never feel like I've had a complete dinner. So I left the choices up to my dining partners and advice from our server. Then I sat back and enjoyed the lovely evening breeze.

The food was really, really good and the portions were sizable. "The Alubias Blancas con Pimiento" (White bean puree, rosemary and roasted red peppers 7.5) was excellent, as was the Albóndigas Caseras (Meatballs in a spicy garlic cream sauce $7), the Brotxeta (Grilled shrimp wrapped with pancetta, served with horseradish cream sauce $11) and the Pincho de Solomillo (Skewered pork and apple with red onion and currant relish $8). All were seasoned well with fresh ingredients. No skimping here.

Still not a big fan of small plate dining, but I will recommend LaBodega to friends who visit KC, and will return again if I'm in town.

• Visited July 2013
Lake Forest IL
“A Spanish Gem in KC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I happened on this place after the Boulevard Brewery Tour and wow we were blown away. I would put this up against any Tapas we've had in the State's and the happy hour deals were amazing. You can go crazy and order almost the entire happy hour menu which was fantastic and a pitcher of sangria and still not spend $60.00. Go to Boulevard for the 2pm tour and then here and it will make a great day.

• Visited October 2013
Columbia, MO
“Perfect Late Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived at 2 pm for a late lunch and discovered that La Bodega's Happy Hour begins at 2 pm. We had the restaurant almost to ourselves at that time of day. Service was professional, polished, and sound advice was shared. Two of the four tapas we ordered were 1/2 off- the Judias Verdes (green beans, potatoes, and figs) and the Quesode Cabra Al Horno (goat cheese baked in tomato sauce). We also ordered the Gambas a la Plancha (shrimp) and the Crespelle de Feta (crepes layered with feta cheese, leeks, and basil). All four tapas were excellent choices and delicious. Our wine by the glass was also very good and paired nicely with our food choices. All food was appropriately hot/cold and presented well. La Bodega is certainly worth a return trip when in the KC area again.

• Visited October 2013
Higginsville, Missouri
“Stellar red sangria and wonderful tapas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Best sangria I have ever had. Tapas are a wonderful way to sample a number of dishes. The crepes with feta and leeks, scallops, asparagus with smoked salmon were all chart toppers.

• Visited September 2013