“1/2 price wine and Tapas!”

La Bodega - Kansas City
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bodega - Kansas City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visited La Bodega on a Monday evening. As soon as we arrived we were informed of their wine special (1/2 price bottles) and given several recommendations. I particularly liked that this special included all wines, and not a limited list of already inexpensive wines.
We tried several tapas, including the squid and beef tenderloin, which I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were way too early for the next tour at Boulevard Brewery so the tour guide suggested we head to La Bodega for a quick bite to eat. His comment was, "it's close, it's good and it isn't really expensive." Oh yeah, and I think he mentioned they served Boulevard beer.

Almost tucked below Highway 35, I would probably not have stopped at this location had it not been recommended. We arrived just about 11:30 am so it was not busy as we walked in on a Friday morning. Once inside we were surprised by the attention to detail in trying to imitate a Spanish restaurant.

Given that we had limited time, we passed on the lunch all-you-can-eat tapas bar for $12.95. Instead I had a sampler of tapas for $9.95 and my wife had the soup of the day, braised short rib and farro. The tapas were fantastic but I think my wife won. An absolutely well executed soup; hearty and well seasoned.

It became clear as we were leaving that this place is not a secret. From a company's meeting (about 12 people) to local business people grabbing to-go orders, this is a popular place and it is popular for a reason.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have been Dining at la bodega very frequently since 2011 and it's always been amazing ! The food has the same great taste every single time !! We bring all our out of town guests here and they only have great things to say ! They have a very wide selection of tapas to choose from ! very friendly and attentive staff , very accommodating to dietary needs and child friendly.. TRY THE SPANISH COFFEE and the Creme de Catalan ! Yum yum YUMMMMM !!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Tapas were all delicious and beautifully presented. Wines were good and the staff was accomadating to our large group, which included three young children.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went during restaurant week to celebrate birthdays. Having never tried Spanish tapas before, the waiter was very patient with all my questions. The food was excellent and the drinks were good. Also enjoyed the atmosphere and the music.It felt like we were in Europe, not a sports bar or chain restaurant, which is what I am accustomed to living in Topeka. Complimentary dessert for birthdays. Will definitely go again.