Open today: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great place

This is by far the best Zoo I’ve visited! With amazing food, attractions and of course, the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Billy C
via mobile
Nice Zoo

We took the children on a sunny winter day. It is a very large zoo, over 200 acres, so we were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

More Info
from $72.00
More Info
1,421 results
All reviews polar bear penguin exhibit sky safari boat ride sea lion show sky tram ski lift bird show africa section walking shoes spread out great exhibits whole family animals lions cages habitat
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Kansas City Zoo is one of the must-visit locations. A huge zoo with full of a variety of species available. A zoo is spread across and has been divided into sections. Acquitic and penguins section is superb

Zoo also contains the sky safari, trams, and all. If you don't want to get tired, get a ticket to the tram. train.
Would prefer to visit in summers to get a view of all the animals

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Visited for a lazy Sunday afternoon and loved what we were able to see. We didn't purchase the transportation options in our ticket but next time we definitely will because the layout of the zoo would require more than one day to walk and stop at each exhibit. We ran out of time seeing less than 1/2 of the zoo.

The Stingray exhibit was open and even as adults we enjoyed this. The zookeepers were feeding the orangutans and they were extremely knowledgeable and answered everyone's questions. Overall the space and environment for most of the animals was great. What we didn't like was that we saw animals that were visibly hurt in one way or another and there was a sign warning that the Vet was actively caring for the animal but seeing a swamp monkey with what looked like a bloody open wound was upsetting. Maybe they should care for the sick/injured animals in a different space.

Next time I'm in KC I will make more time to see the rest of the zoo.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

Love this zoo. I live in Omaha where we have a great zoo. To me Kansas City Zoo is just as fun to visit especially in nice weather. Australia and the penguin were my favorite!

1  Thank C6721GQjenniferb
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

The Zoo was fun, it was field trip day so it was very busy. The cost to get in is reasonable, I suggest you wear comfortable clothing and sunscreen. You have to walk a lot. The Zoo is very nice, lots of animals, they have a lot for the little kids to do like face painting and animal cutouts to put your head in. We ate before we went but they did have a bbq place that smelled good but when we got thete they were out of a lot of stuff. They do have a tram, train, and a water boat.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

I visited the KC zoo very recently, and I have gone many times over the past few years, mostly with my family. Every time, the experience has been the same. The zoo is extremely well run, with great exhibits and facts! Unfortunately, I can never enjoy it as much as I have other zoos because of the sparsity of exhibits and long walks in between. The prices in the shops are awful as well, with the zoo itself being cheap but if you even want a water you have to pay far too much money. I like the animals and the staff, and the seal show is always a treat, but it simply didn't make up for the exorbitant prices and unfortunately boring walks.

Date of experience: March 2018