“best seafood in KC” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #118 of 1,400 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 45/64th St & I29
midwest USA
“best seafood in KC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I love this place, because they really know how to do fresh seafood. For years I've had no complaints but they seem to be slipping lately. We went recently and they were not busy, so I don't know what the issue was. We had to wait to get our iced tea refilled. My salad came out overdressed and limp. My fried fish had enough oil on it to power a small car. And two hours later my gut was making me regret we'd eaten there. I'll be keeping an eye on them from now on, sadly there are few places in town to get fresh fish.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnotherDawn

OKC,Ok
“Landlocked seafood fans, Check this out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Seafood lovers, I'm out of Okc now, but was raised on the south east coast of Georgia, 35 miles from the Florida line. I know seafood. Being landlocked in Oklahoma City for so long, I genuinely seek out places that can prepare seafood the way it's supposed to be. My brother recommended Bonefish Grill. We do not have one in Okc, but I noticed one in Kansas City. I traveled to KC for 10 days recently and decided to check it out. I was taken back at first, the staff were dressed professionally, It was missing the rustic look I'm accustomed to in southeast Georgia and the young lady wanted to know if I had reservations. About this time I began to wonder about my brother. Anyway, I had gone to some trouble to find this place, and we were hungry. We were seated within a couple of minutes of arriving, and a waiter presented us with menus. There was a variety of fare ranging from hamburger to lobster,(typically not a good sign in my opinion), there were dishes and sauces I'd never even heard of... (Chimichurri Sauce)? While we were deciding what to have the waiter brought us some ice tea, and complimentary french bread, and chimichurri sauce. I'd been served something similar in Italian restaurants, but this sauce was delightfully different, no balsamic vinegar. I knew a great bit of insight could be gathered from the Maryland style crab cakes. It was offered as an appetizer, two large crab cakes were served. Frankly with a side could have stood up as a meal in itself. There were large sweet lumps of crab meat inside, which was not overwhelmed by the other ingredients. Ok, the chef has his game on, let's try the Day Boat Scallops with fresh creamed corn with jalapeno, bacon + cheese. My wife had the Pecan Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout. Both of these dishes were GREAT! Some of the largest, sweetest scallops I've ever eaten, even after grilling! The wife's trout was gently seasoned, not overwhelmed. She had wild rice on the side and was delighted. The portion's were so large we ended up wrapping about half of it for our lunch the next day...and it was still wonderful! My opinion...It does not give me flash backs to SE Georgia...BUT it's definitely worth the effort to find it... we will be back. Maybe next time Bang Bang shrimp???I understand it's a winner!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank daniherr
Liberty, Missouri
“Excellent service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We went with another couple to celebrate a birthday. The bang bang shrimp is an awesome appetizer--highly recommended. Our meals and drinks also were fabulous. The service was amazing. The restaurant was packed full, but we still got great service with lots of personal recommendations. This is a great place for couples and friends. I wouldn't bring children, though. It was kind of expensive. We spent over $70 for two people, but we did get an appetizer and two drinks from the bar. It's a great treat, but couldn't afford to eat there a lot.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tonifa
kansas city, mo
“Bang, Bang Shrimp!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Bonefish Grille was wonderful. We ordered the bang,bang shrimp and calamari appetizers and Lobster Thermadore and I had some kind of fish. I can't remember which one. It was good, but the bang, bang shrimp was great that I can't remember. All of the food was great. The manager surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries and whipped cream on a plate that had "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. It was very nice and the strawberries were huge and juicy. We will definitely be going back.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank thesmithskc
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Great Food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

After spending an exhausting week in California, my wife and another couple decided to let our hair down. The decision was made to go to Bonefish and it was a "good call".

We had a reservation and as all places do, we had to wait at the bar ( No biggie, right? ). We waited about 20 minutes. Appetizers were great! Try the "Bang Bang Shrimp". Fantastic!

The food was excellent as well as the service. Very nice, small, warm and cozy restaurant.

• Visited March 2012