“Amazing Service”
Review of Chaz on the Plaza

Chaz on the Plaza
Reserve with OpenTable
Chaz on the Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,417 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wornall
Description: Our Kansas City Plaza restaurant's charming atmosphere is enhanced by modern American cuisine & live music performed nightly and from 10 am - 1 pm during Weekend Jazz Brunch Saturdays and Sundays. Menus at the hotel's Chaz Restaurant in Kansas City reflect regional bounty & the culinary team's creativity. Cuisine is complemented with a Wine Spectator Award-winning wine list, domestic and imported beers, cocktails, spirits, single malt Scotch and Bourbons, and a selection of liqueurs and ports.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I now believe that Kansas City is one of the friendliest Cities in America! Everyone in hotels, retail and restaurants was sooo friendly. Chaz was one of those places where staff welcomed us, gave great tips on menu items and kept checking back to see if we needed anything else.

We were there for breakfast and I highly recommend their Salmon Eggs Benedict.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Top Notch Service”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Joshua Minnis was probably the best waiter I've ever had. And the food was great too. Highly recommend it for a nice upscale dinner.

2 Thank Pam F
ChazonthePlaza, Manager at Chaz on the Plaza, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for recognizing one of our great associates by name. Our team loves to hear that all of their hard work is noticed and makes a difference.
Cape Coral, Florida
“A wonderful dinner!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I've been staying at the Raphael for business and my wife was fortunate enough to join me over the weekend. I've enjoyed the bar/lounge at Chaz many times but never dined there until last weekend.

We arrived and had a drink first at the bar. Ryan and Aaron were behind the bar to greet us and make our drinks. My wife has a new favorite drink - the French Revolution (one of their featured drinks) and I had my new favorite, a Vesper martini. Both drinks were excellent.

I had requested a table in Joshua's area and we were given a nice table within eyesight of the music but not overbearing. Josh is very attentive server and informed us of the evening's specials. Take my word, if he recommends one of the specials, it's worth trying! Both the soup special and salad special were excellent. My wife had the seared scallops and I had the lamb chops. We followed up dinner with a vanilla bean creme' brulee and chocolate torte as well as coffee and after dinner drinks.

My wife can't wait to return to Kansas City and dinner at Chaz.

PS - If you don't have time for dinner, the bar/lounge is excellent with live music most evenings. They have a very nice Happy Hour and the food is just smaller plates of dinner items. The braised short rib is my favorite and my wife really enjoyed the sea bass with risotto.

4 Thank JRMChicago
ChazonthePlaza, Manager at Chaz on the Plaza, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful thoughts and comments. We appreciate you very much!
Fullerton, Nebraska
“Breakfast to die for.....”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We don't usually do hotel dining rooms but we had a gift card to use so breakfast it was. They have the best potato pancakes "over the top". We dined twice during our stay and we were pleased each time. They may have changed our minds about hotel food. Great job!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank KimInNE
ChazonthePlaza, Manager at Chaz on the Plaza, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you so very much for your kind words and we appreciate you spending time dining with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Roeland Park, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food - authentic Shrimp and Grits”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I recently had dinner with friends at Chaz on the Plaza. We had a girls night at The Raphael and decided to have dinner at Chaz. It was wonderful. The service was great and the food even better. The shrimp and grits appetizer was everything for which I was hoping. I travel to the south at least once a year, so I know shrimp and grits. This was spot on. We also enjoyed the crab cake appetizer. I had the special of the night which was bluefin tuna. It was excellent. My friends had the salmon and the grouper. They both left with clean plates. Everything was perfectly seasoned and we washed it down with a great bottle of wine. My friends and I really enjoyed catching up over great food at Chaz. I highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank julie420
ChazonthePlaza, Manager at Chaz on the Plaza, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for visiting us and sharing your king words about your dining experience. We look forward to taking care of you again in the very near future.