“All that Jazz”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Independence, Missouri
“All that Jazz”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I went to the Phoenix to listen to the Jazz on Tuesday evening. It was jam night and they had great music and really good food. I was surprised. I had the portobello fries as an appetizer and they were awesome and the create your own burger that was scrumptous. Quite an enjoyable evening for not a big expenses.
Highly recommend it if you like music.

• Visited August 2012

Kansas City, Missouri
“Stopped By For My Birthday”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

What can I say.Great happy hour, great live jazz. Bar tenders are awesome. Did I say great happy hour? I love their martini's and have tried them all. I recommend the lemon drop. Excellent food, lobster mac & cheese anyone? Be sure to check out the back patio if you want to sit outside.

Visited May 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Be careful with your Groupons here”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Whoever was managing tonight would not honor our Groupon we bought, although there were NO EXCLUSIONS on the Groupon. Apparently it is up to management discretion. We had a few drinks, one appetizer and would have stayed for more but decided to spend our money elsewhere. Just an FYI - the acousticas are still bad and the place is very loud so it's hard to have a conversation.

• Visited June 2012
“Great live jazz acts”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Went on a first date to the Phoenix. I hadn't been here in 20 years or so. Still easy to find. Parked on the street around the corner and felt safe. Come early to get a good table. Not a lot of things offered on the dinner menu, but what is is fairly tasty. The wines are quite delicious! Service was good - out waitress knew when to interrupt and when to barge in ;o) Also, the act that night was phenomenal! Yeah, while she sang, we had to huddle close to talk to each other, but is that so bad? She had an amazing voice that neither one of us could take our ears away from! I am definitely going back - definitely checking out other acts and ther days of the week!

1 Thank KorriBeth
Kansas City, Missouri
“A must visit attraction...”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We live in downtown KC and had never visited--our bad. This jazz bar is a true gem.

Let's start with the pros. The service was outstanding. Our waitress made sure our cups were always full, no matter how packed the restaurant got she paid plenty of attention to us. The atmosphere was classic. Dim lighting and exposed brick set the scene as live jazz entertained us all night. The quality of the jazz was excellent. The first band played revisions of the classics, Route 66, That's Life, O When the Saints, Moondance, Let It Be and more. At one point my wife said that her cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing so much.

The only down side was that food was bar food, but you don't go to a Jazz bar for the food, so I didn't consider this much of a minus. Couple that with the cheap prices and you really couldn't complain too much. (~$8 for a sandwhich/entre)

Over all I can't verbalize well enough how great our experience here was. The music was top notch, the drinks were cold and always full, and our bill for a long 5 hour night of live entertainment was well under $90 after tip.

• Visited January 2012