“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Paola, Kansas
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Walking distance to many attractions in KC. The suite was beautiful and very large. Anytime I have things to do downtown, I'll stay here. The walkin closet was large enough to put a bed in it.
The view was stunning. Perks were nice too, executive lounge with cocktails and appetizers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrspcamp
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear mrspcamp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your visit at the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and were able to take advantage of our Executive Lounge; the view of the city is beautiful. Being in such a prime location to so many attractions, restaurants and different venues is also a big plus.

We look forward to your next visit and can't wait to have you back as our guest again!

Thanks,

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I come to Kansas City a few times a year for my job and every time I choose to stay at this hotel because of the excellent customer service I receive. Every time I check in, Rachel always greets me by name with a big smile. The rooms here are comfortable, clean and I love the welcome gift that is always waiting for me. I stay at a lot of different hotels and I must say that no other places value the fact that I am a platinum member like this one. I always look forward to going to the lounge after a long trip. The young lady, Lorianna, who is the bar tender in the lounge always knows exactly what drink I want and gives great service. Whenever I order room service it arrives quickly and the food is delicious. The house keepers do a wonderful job at making sure my room is tidy by the time I return from my meetings, I never have to ask for clean towels and extra soap, shampoo etc. Everyone that I have came in contact with at this hotel is friendly and willing to bend over backwards for whatever it is that I need. I have no complaints about this facility whatsoever! I wish all of the places I stay through out the US were exactly like the Crowne Plaza in KC!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Justjosie443
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Justjosie443,

Wow! Thank you for such wonderful comments about the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoy your stay each time you visit.

I want to thank you for recognizing our associates, I have shared your comments and it has really made their day! We take pride in providing great customer service and appreciate when it is recognized.

I am pleased to hear you enjoy the comfort of our rooms as well as our Executive Lounge; it does offer great snacks and drinks plus a beautiful view of the city.

We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in Kansas City.

Aurora, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here one night to see a show at Kansas City Music Hall. This hotel is right across the street from the Music Hall. Definitely the closest hotel, a very easy walk. Our room was clean and we had no problems at this hotel. We will stay here next time we attend a Music Hall Show.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tdrm
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear tdrm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our location. It is very convenient to several of venues throughout the city.

We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you attend a show at the Music Hall.

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I only stayed here 1 night in November 2013, but I wish I could have stayed longer.
The hotel is great and in a wonderful location downtown Kansas City. The walk to Power and Light was under 5 minutes.

Pros:

- upgraded to executive room / suite as a Platinum Member (the suite even had a walk-in closet, first walk-in closet I have ever seen in a hotel room)
- fast elevators
- fast internet speed
- very nice executive or platinum lounge (that does not charge for drinks)
- great water pressure
- extremely nice and clean rooms
- multiple power outlets everywhere

Cons:

- absolutely none come to mind

All in all, this was an awesome property and I will certainly return on future visits to Kansas City.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank majones7
Dear Majones7,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown, as a valued IHG Rewards Club member we appreciate your feedback.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay; we would love to have you as our guest again in the future so you are able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge and one of our spacious suites again.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have had nothing but great experiences at this hotel. I usually come in for big concerts like the recent Pink show....which was a lot of fun. Gwen at the front desk was super nice and really made me and my crew feel at home. I'll be back for some concerts in 2014. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MoverShakerUSA
Dear MoverShakerUSA,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown! I am happy to read that you had such a wonderful experience while staying in our hotel and a even happier to read that you will be back!

Thank you for recognizing our associates, I have shared your comments and it made their day!

Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for three nights to attend a conference at the Convention Center. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly--ready to bend over backward to accommodate you in any way possible. Excellent breakfast and Manager's reception for HI rewards members.

Room Tip: Room was incredibly spacious. We had a king suite and it was more than enough to make us feel at hom...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DFoster_12
Dear DFoster_12,

Thank you for your kind words about the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown. Our staff takes great pride in making sure every guest encounter is a pleasant one and will do whatever it takes to make sure each and every guest feels welcome. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our Concierge Lounge and our breakfast in the restaurant. Next time, we hope you will try the dinner and desert menus – our Chef has come up with some delicious menu items.

We look forward to your next visit to Kansas City and welcome you back!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The elevator was not available for the parking garage so I had to carry all my luggage down the stairs and then to the other set of the elevators to get to my room. When I called 3 days later to find out if the elevator was working, I was told it was never broken. The room was ok; although the plumbing needs to be updated. The service was inconsistent. Sometimes I had a very helpful person; other times the person was rude and did not follow through on my request.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank megustaleer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear megustaleer,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D