Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$198
$179
$105
$170
  • Restaurant
$109
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$121
$113
$164
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$169
$160
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewspower and light districtfront desksprint centerthe executive loungemusic halldance competitionking suitevalet parkingtwo blocksgreat customer serviceupon checkbusiness tripan older hotelshuttle serviceroxannegarageconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Honestly one of the nicest hotels I've EVER stayed at. We got a special deal on it after calling them up and telling them about how we got stuck with a dump hotel and if they could help us out. They offered us a deal cheaper than the normal rate which was a life saver! The hotel is all modern, beautiful rooms, and clean - I could have happily lived there permanently. No joke. It was quiet even though the hotel was packed, in the middle of downtown Kansas City - My one and only complaint was that they didn't check for IDs when I asked for a key to my coworkers room. We were also there during daylight savings and they had an unfortunate issue with their wake up service being delayed causing many not to be woke up on time & some missing their flights. However they compensated for their mistake with a free night + free breakfast which was great!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cyanyde C
Ashley B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Cyanyde C,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you for the 5-star review and I will definitely share your comments with our team as it will definitely make their day! Thank you for staying with us and I hope we would be your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you back to Kansas City.

Thanks You!

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the best part of this hotel by far, is the location. I chose this hotel because I was going to the Sprint Center and it was within quick walking distance. Lots of great places to eat and drink just blocks away. There is also a great grocery store just around the corner.
Now let me start with the not so great part, the hotel. You are absolutely paying for the location here because their is nothing high dollar about this hotel. My room was small and the bathroom was the size of a broom closet. There was a giant water stain on the ceiling. The beds and linens were fine. Something was wrong with the AC in my room. It was a 90 degree day and my room would not cool down.
This is an old hotel that needs lots of refurbishing, but if you are going to the Sprint Center or P&L it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Ashley B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear cabo1130,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our locations so much. The proximity to the Power and Light District and the Sprint Center is really great. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the rest of your stay so well. Hearing from our guests is the best way to help us improve; I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team.

We hope that the next time you are in Kansas City you will visit us again and tell us what you think.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed in a suite for one night with our two young sons. We chose this for the location, which was excellent. Walking distance to the Sprint Center for a concert and a quick drive to the Crown Center for fun kid activities. The service was good; everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. The room was adequate, in pretty good shape, and clean. There was a significant defect on the exterior of one of the entertainment centers, but that did not impact our stay at all. My main complaint was the air conditioner. It was WAY too loud. So loud that whenever it came on it woke us up. Very annoying. The beds were comfortable but we could not enjoy a good night's sleep because of the annoying AC. It was pretty expensive, and for paying that much I expect a better sleeping environment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Ashley B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear 123sab,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Crowne Plaza. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to be near the attractions you wanted to see as well as the Sprint Center for the concert. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service so I have passed on your comments.

We hope you will visit again the next time you are in Kansas City.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Checking out on Sunday was quite the experience. There were a total of four people behind the counter yet only one girl was actually Serving the guests. Two males and one female were loudly discussing their weekends events when there was a line behind me. I pointed it out to the young lady serving me, i didn't get her name, and she politely apologized gave a half smile and said it wasn't her place to correct the supervisor. The supervisor was one of the ones jacking off?! This hotel is lucky they have at least one dedicated employee. My experience was far from professional. Not only was it a social hour, the blond was also wearing flip flops! In my opinion, some of the staff may need to be weeded out.

The room was small, but clean. The Starbucks employees were awesome and so was the bartender.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear BobandJan2005,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and taking the time to share your experience at Crowne Plaza - Kansas City. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by some of our associates. We want to provide you with the best guest experience, so I have shared your comments with the team.

The next time you travel to Kansas City, we hope that you'll be our guest again and see the changes we have made and share your comments with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

everyone was very polite and helpful, room decor was very nice, wished there was a fridge in the room, i did see a (not so nice) bug in the room just as we were leaving. Overall ...A nice experience and great place to stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Crystal D,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. The next time you travel to Kansas City, we hope that you'll be our guest again!