Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
$149
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$144
InterContinental
$146
Curio.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$168
$159
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$151
$139
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
Orbitz.com
$119
$109
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$68
$105
Travelocity
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

All reviewspower and light districtfront desksprint centerthe executive loungemusic halldance competitionking suitevalet parkingtwo blockshotel staffupon checkan older hotelshuttle serviceroxanneconferenceplazaconcert
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the NCAA basketball tourny. This hotel is within walking distance of the sprint center and the power and light district. Our stay here was very short and the hotel is average. We had a king suite and the room was nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was pretty clean. We were given a handicapped room which was fine but we did not ask for it. The toilet made a horrible, very loud, humming noise everytime it was flushed and the sink in the bathroom dripped continously even though I repeatedly tried to turn it off. The view from the room was nice and would be really neat in the summer when the outdoor pool was open because it overlooked the pool. Valet parking was great and our vehicle was retrieved very quickly! It's a nice place to stay but not worth the over $250 we paid for the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laura21496
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear laura21496,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City. I'm glad to hear you found your suite nice, the bed comfortable and the room clean as well as the nice view and great valet parking. I apologize for the toilet noise and the dripping sink; I would have hoped you would have let us know, so we could have taken care of that for you, during your stay. Our rates are very comparable in the downtown market during major sporting events. I'm sorry you didn't feel it was worth the money.

We hope that you will be our guest again the next time you travel to Kansas City.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was supposed to be business hotel quality. Although the hotel location is good for downtown amenities, the hotel experience was well below what I'd expect from a 4 star hotel. The decor was tired (and I Was even supposed to be in an executive room) and the customer service ranged from below average (check in) to complete indifference (the lobby bar / food and check out).

Try one of the other downtown hotels - I will be next time!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave W
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Dave W,

Thank you for your review of your past stay here at the Kansas City Crowne Plaza. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I am very sorry we didn't meet your expectations and I would be interested to hear any details about your stay you may want to express. I can be reached at jwynn@thehotelgroup.com or by contacting the hotel directly.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had been booked in a neighboring hotel & experienced many, many problems. We were able to check out of there, as someone in our party found us rooms at the Crowne Plaza, for even less than we had spent on a teeny-tiny, old room at the other place.
We felt as though we had stepped into heaven upon stepping into our room. It was huge, new, clean & had a beautiful view overlooking the city and a sunset, We were treated to a wonderful breakfast in the mornings and a cocktail hour in the evenings, after acquiring access to the concierge level.
Great service, great room, great price, & Starbucks in the hotel, not much more to say, except stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for the city view with a sunset
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kjm1164

Dear kjm1164,

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. The next time you travel to Kansas City, we hope we will be your first choice.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Worst hotel I have stayed at in awhile. Location is good. For two days a bag of dirty towels was left in hall along with a microwave. Restaurant was overwhelmed at breakfast so that chef had to come out and help. Breakfast buffet was cold and items were depleted and not refilled. Noisy. Decor was tired. I will not return.

I travel about 40 days per year for work and pleasure. This was by far my worst experience in a few years.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Hmm1960,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our management team so we can do a better job with the items you mentioned.

The next time you're in Kansas City, we hope you will come back and see the changes we have made and tell us what you think.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay at the Crowne Plaza every trip I make to KC. The location is unbeatable, just a short 5 minute 2 block walk to the Sprint Center and Power and Light. The beds are OUTSTANDING Sleep Number beds! One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. Also serves great views of the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jacob S,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City. You can't beat our location or the views of the city. I'm glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to having you back as our guest again the next time you travel to Kansas City.