All reviews power and light district front desk sprint center the executive lounge music hall king suite two blocks self parking upon check an older hotel the shuttle driver roxanne valet convention plaza concert proximity
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although nice & friendly reception, windy income hall betrayes out-of-date comfort level. Noisy airco in hotel room, when turned off to sleep cold wind enters the room & kills the atmosphere.
Bath&shower combination completely out of fashion and not working properly...
You can't look down out of the window at evening because of huge spot illuminating façade.
I will not return. Too expensive for this "4" star hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear BelgianFamily-2-kids,

Thank you for your review of the Kansas City Crowne Plaza. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We are sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job.

I look forward to having you back as our guest again the next time you travel to Kansas City.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked this hotel only because there was very little availability in KC on the dates of my trip-- presumably due to conferences/conventions in town. It should have been telling that in spite of a convenient location across from the convention center, this hotel had rooms available.

The Crowne Plaza in Kansas City downtown is an older business traveler property and it shows its age. The elevators are beaten up. Although rooms have updated furnishings, the fixtures like the tub show their age. Experiences with the staff have been generally mixed. Although the check-in agent was courteous and efficient, the handling of a simple maintenence request was about as unprofessional as I have seen hotel staff behave anywhere. Were this hotel the biggest bargain in town, it would be just fine. But as their rates seemed fairly comparable to other better brands, I'd consider this property only when other options have been exhausted.

Rationale for my rating: value for the dollar feels pretty poor. Although some staff were just fine, some were rude. The property itself fails to impress, although some steps have been taken to update. I've not stayed in a lot of crown plaza hotels but the few I have seem to be in a similar position-- older properties, pretty fully priced for what you get and a mixed bag from a service perspective.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Tim D,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City. We're very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I am interested to learn more about your stay and the encounters you experienced with our associates. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We used Priceline name your own price and was able to get a nice room for a good price. The hotel has been newly renovated. It has a contemporary feel to it. My husband really liked the flat screen TV! Every staff member we met was very courteous! It does have a parking garage. It cost $15 a night to park. I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dentalhygienegal

Dear Dentalhygienegal,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Kansas City Crowne Plaza. I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed the flat screen TV's, we have them in every room. And thank you for recognizing the courteousness of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next you travel to the Kansas City area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure purposes. Last visit was with family. We got a King suite that had 2 rooms. It allows our son to stay up and watch some TV while we can have some privacy and watch the other TV. We did not eat at the restuarant on this trip. Parking is adjacent with some of the elevators accessing both the garage and hotel. Hotel is a great price compared to other hotels located in similiar area.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of either the P&L district or Kemper, depending on what side you get. Priority members get coupons and upgrades, if available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stressn

Dear Stressn,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Kansas City Crowne Plaza. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Kansas City.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked this hotel due to the location for the restaurant we were going to. It was $175 for a suite. Parking, check-in, finding our room all went smoothly. When we arrived in our room my daughter went to sit on the sleeper sofa and noticed something "crusty" under her foot. It was dried vomit. Then my husband seen bllod on the bathroom wall. Needless to say we were disgusted. Call the front desk and they moved us immediately and offered us concierge service which included happy drinks and apps and continental breakfast the nest morning. That was nice but being Priority Club members shouldn't that be offered anyway? Our new room was throughly checked by us and was fine. However first impressions are a big deal and I would choose the Hotel Phillips or the Alladin over the Crowne Plaza in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear McGee4fam,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced when you first arrived. I am glad we got you moved to another suite and you found no issues with your new suite. I have shared your comments with our team so they can do a better job with the housekeeping issues. We hope to have you back as our guest again, the next time you visit Kansas City.