All reviewspower and light districtfront desksprint centermusic hallthe executive loungeking suitevalet parkingtwo blockshotel staffupon checkan older hotelshuttle serviceroxanneconventionplazaconcertbellman
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Me and my family stayed at the hotel for a weekend. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. We had a club level suite, and it was very spacious. The bathroom could of been a little cleaner, but it was bearable. One morning there was no hot water for us to take a shower, so if you're there on a busy weekend expect the same. Upon returning to our room one evening no one had been in our suite to clean it. Upon check out I voiced my complaints, and the manager was eager to make it right and knocked $100 off the bill. It was enough to deal with the shortcomings. On a plus note, if you ask for more blankets or a roll up bed- they are at your room within minutes, so the service upon demand is excellent...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Rob R,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Kansas City Crowne Plaza Downtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I'm glad you enjoyed one of our spacious suites. I apologize for the housekeeping issue and the lack of hot water for your shower one morning. We have made repairs to our hot water system that created a temporary shortage during your stay. I hope to have you back again as our guest on your next visit to Kansas City.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the week and I could not say more about the staff. Always courteous and helpful. I would like to make a special mention however about Jeremy (valet) and Mine (restaurant). They were amazing. Their attention to detail and the abitlity to remember our names was OUTSTANDING!! I would recommed this hotel with every confidence that a guest would be treated with wonderful service and respect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Candy_G494

Dear Candy_G494,

Thank you for the great comments and recognizing our associates. I am glad you found our service to be courteous and helpful and appreciate the recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you again the next to travel to Kansas City!

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Convienant to convention center and power district. Quiet, great rate and nice size suite. A little dark. All of the staff were helpful except one desk clerk that had no idea how to treat a guest. Later found out James was newly transferred from houskeeping to the front desk. More training should cure the insecurity. Hotel shuttle will give you a lift within 3 miles.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear John K,

Thank you for being our guest. I am glad you found our location to be convenient to the Convention Center and the Power and Light District, you can't get much closer. I apologize if one of our associates did not treat you properly and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

We look forward to having you back as our guest again the next time you visit Kansas City.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Some friends and I stayed here because we were going to an event near by. We are all from Kansas City and had heard of the hotel but had never stayed so we all agreed it would be a nice place to stay. The onsight parking was a little high but definitely worth it. There was a concert at the Sprint Center so traffic and parking were a nightmare, we didn't hesitate when we saw the entrance to the parking garage. When we finally got to the front desk Rachel checked us in and was very friendly and helpful. She new exactly where we need to go for our event and even offered to have the shuttle take us. it was right up the street and the weather was nice so we declined. The room was clean, the beds were comfy the water was hot and the view was amazing. We will definitely stay here again. If Rachel is working i recommend having her help you, she was perfect!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Patrick C

Dear Amber C,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Kansas City Crowne Plaza Downtown. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and you found our staff to be excellent. Please consider us again the next time you need a "Staycation" downtown.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What sets this hotel apart from the other downtown hotels is the staff. They are incredible and really customer focused. Rachel at the front Desk is always friendly, even when I arrive at midnight. She makes me feel welcome.

After one lengthy stay in August, I left my curling iron. Gina not only found it, she wrapped it up and it was waiting for me the next time I arrived. On my most recent stay last week, Gina left a hand written note to welcome me back! That is service. Monte & James are always super friendly and willing to do whatever needs to be done.

Oh and there is a Starbucks in the lobby... what more could I ask for? I love Crowne Plaza in KC!

Room Tip: I don't have any complaints about any room I've stayed in, however, the higher rooms have a great view of the city skyline.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Staci K

Dear Staci K,

Thank you for recognizing our associates. They work hard to take care of our guests. There are many choices when it comes to places to stay and we are glad to have you as our guest and appreciate your continued patronage.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Kansas City!