All reviews power and light district front desk sprint center music hall the executive lounge king suite valet parking two blocks upon check an older hotel shuttle service roxanne convention concert plaza bellman proximity
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Some friends and I stayed here because we were going to an event near by. We are all from Kansas City and had heard of the hotel but had never stayed so we all agreed it would be a nice place to stay. The onsight parking was a little high but definitely worth it. There was a concert at the Sprint Center so traffic and parking were a nightmare, we didn't hesitate when we saw the entrance to the parking garage. When we finally got to the front desk Rachel checked us in and was very friendly and helpful. She new exactly where we need to go for our event and even offered to have the shuttle take us. it was right up the street and the weather was nice so we declined. The room was clean, the beds were comfy the water was hot and the view was amazing. We will definitely stay here again. If Rachel is working i recommend having her help you, she was perfect!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Patrick C
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Amber C,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Kansas City Crowne Plaza Downtown. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and you found our staff to be excellent. Please consider us again the next time you need a "Staycation" downtown.

Thank you!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What sets this hotel apart from the other downtown hotels is the staff. They are incredible and really customer focused. Rachel at the front Desk is always friendly, even when I arrive at midnight. She makes me feel welcome.

After one lengthy stay in August, I left my curling iron. Gina not only found it, she wrapped it up and it was waiting for me the next time I arrived. On my most recent stay last week, Gina left a hand written note to welcome me back! That is service. Monte & James are always super friendly and willing to do whatever needs to be done.

Oh and there is a Starbucks in the lobby... what more could I ask for? I love Crowne Plaza in KC!

Room Tip: I don't have any complaints about any room I've stayed in, however, the higher rooms have a great view of the city skyline.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Staci K

Dear Staci K,

Thank you for recognizing our associates. They work hard to take care of our guests. There are many choices when it comes to places to stay and we are glad to have you as our guest and appreciate your continued patronage.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Kansas City!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Right in the middle of it all, Very clean, older property, but accomadations, i.e. beds, tv,s showers etc very well kept. Very friendly staff. Very easy access from highway as well as access to parking garage with valet service. restaurant on premisis but 5 monute walk to Power/Light districe and 10 to sprint center.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear jteal,

Thank you for being our guest. You can't beat our location for enjoying the night life that downtown Kansas City has to offer. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations and our friendly staff. We look forward to being at your service again on your next visit.

Thank You!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This past August my small nonprofit had our national training conference at the Crowne Plaza. I have planned many conferences before and worked with lots of hotels. This hotel was the best hotel I have ever worked with. The staff were VERY accommodating and professional. All of our needs were met and we never had to ask twice. Our biggest concern was internet and they made sure it kept humming the whole time. I even learned later that they made their own staff go off the wireless so that our attendees had faster connections. This was all done without me knowing. The hotel is very clean and updated. Our meals were fabulous (Make sure to get the BBQ). If you are planning a meeting the upstairs ballroom has wonderful views and it really made our banquet special. Thank you Crowne Plaza! Well done.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Emily Z,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. We appreciate the opportunity to host your group and, as always, appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed dining with us and I will pass your comments about the BBQ along to our Chef.

We look forward to hosting your group again soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I frequently spend our weekends in KC, and we ALWAYS stay at this hotel. The staff is courteous, professional and extremely accomodating. The rooms are always clean, and housekeeping is very responsive to any requests for more towels, toiletries, etc. On our last visit, we accidentally left an item behind that was irreplaceable, but we didn't realize it until we arrived home. I immediately called the hotel and spoke w/ an associate by the name of Robert Hudson. Realizing how upset I was at losing something so important to me, he personally went up to our room that we'd vacated a few hours before and searched the room for the item. He found it and had it shipped via FedEx to our home. When I called the next day to give get the tracking number for the shipment, another associate by the name of Calvin advised that Robert was out of the office for the week, but he took ownership of the issue - even though he didn't have a way to get an update until Robert's return, Calvin followed up with me for two consecutive days to let me know that he hadn't forgotten about me.
The level of service that these two gentlemen provided to me and my family is unparalleled. Crowne Plaza is doing something right - Robert and Calvin are assets to this staff! We look forward to seeing them again on our next trip to KC for a weekend getaway! Thank you both, Robert and Calvin! You made a sentimental woman VERY happy by returning this precious momento.
Jennifer H

Room Tip: The suites are totally worth the extra room, working space and sink/refrigerator!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer H

Dear Jennifer H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I'm glad you found our service to be "Top Notch" and that we were able to assist you with your lost item. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Kansas City.

Thank you for being our guest!