All reviews power and light district front desk sprint center music hall the executive lounge king suite valet parking two blocks upon check an older hotel shuttle service roxanne convention concert plaza bellman proximity
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was recently a part of a group stay at the Crowne Plaza and was extremely pleased with my experience. I organize these types of group stays as a part of my professional responsibilities and have had varied experiences but this one was one of the most positive. The sales staff (Libby and Carrie) were easy to work with, responsive to my requests, and eager to make our stay meet our needs. Check-in was easy and without any challenges, the rooms were ready and all in excellent condition. The front desk staff (Ashley, Al, and others) were always happy to help and offered suggestions and discount coupons for our guests who were going to be going to nearby restaurants. We also took advantage of the free shuttle service and were pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use and how friendly the staff were in making arrangements to support us.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

It is great to hear your feedback about your experience with our dedicated sales and front office teams. I have passed on your comments to them, and they have been recognized for their efforts to truly make the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown The Place To Meet! It is always wonderful to hear about all the ways our staff members are working to accommodate our guests. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Al at the front desk is a great asset to this hotel. He and Jim, a guest, suggested we stay at the hotel for dinner instead of going out. The dinner was awesome and we appreciate everyone staying late to serve us.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for recognizing our front desk agent Al and the excellent service he provided you. We have been sure to recognize him, as well as our City Grille staff for providing you with an excellent late meal. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I have not stayed with this particular brand previously. The staff at check in were efficient and very pleasant. I didn't have my priority club # on hand, but they looked it up for me. The lobby was a nice place to gather while waiting for our group. There were different seating arrangements that fit different sized groups.

The elevator was swift to the 18th floor. As I opened my door, I noticed a burgundy bag with ear plugs, and eye mask and lavender pillow spray. I also noticed a sleep number bed. How nice! I slept well and that's the most important thing. Since this was a business trip it was refreshing that I didn't have an extra charge for wi-fi.

The hotel is convenient to the power and light district, a funky and fun entertainment neighborhood. I loved walking around the city looking at the architecture. It's a neat mix of gotham and contemporary.

I didn't eat at the hotel or use the spa/pool area. I did use the business center to print my boarding pass without being charged.

Room Tip: I love the skyline. Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Here at the Crowne Plaza, our goal is to be a “Great Hotel Guests Love,” so it is wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your first experience with the Crowne Plaza brand. I’m glad you enjoyed our sleep amenities and complimentary wireless Internet. Thank you for being a Priority Club member, and we hope to see you again in your future business travels.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown KC over Mothers Day weekend and our expectations were far exceeded. The staff at the check-in counter were very friendly and hospitable. The room was very nice. They showed concern for us and our three month old baby, asking us if we needed anything.

Onsite parking was easy, with elevator access to the garage. The view overlooking downtown from our room was super nice, and the curtains were excellent at blocking out the bright sunlight in the morning.

The room was spacious, and the bed was nice. The bathroom was very clean. I would highly recommend Crowne Plaza Downtown KC. They understand that quality and service go together!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I have shared your comments with the front office and housekeeping staff. Thanks again, and we are happy you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed June 27, 2011

This past week I was in Downtown Kansas City for the National SkillsUSA Conference. While there we had a very busy week and much to get done in so little time. With that said, I had the great privilege of meeting one of the nicest people. His name was Rodney from the Crown Plaza Hotel. He was still in uniform and look as if he had just got off work or was going into work. Rodney out of the kindness of his heart he took time to help us carry this very heavy box up the street to our hotel (which was not the Crown Plaza). If the Crown Plaza has employees are like Rodney, I would highly suggest them as a hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Chester-SkillsUSA

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with one of our team members. We have recognized Rodney, as we always strive to go above and beyond for our guests and Kansas City convention attendees. We hope to see you again next year for the SkillsUSA Conference!