All reviews power and light district front desk sprint center music hall the executive lounge king suite valet parking two blocks upon check an older hotel shuttle service roxanne convention concert plaza bellman proximity
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The best quality was the service and helpfulness of the staff. There was an error on our bill and when we got back home I spotted it and called. They graciously corrected it and immediately gave us credit on our chg card. The food in the City Grille was also excellent. Very tasty and reasonably priced. Great place to eat and avoid the gigantic crowds out on the street. The rooms were nice and wonderfully clean. The halls were a little dated, but nothing that was a real detriment. Close to Sprint Center and all the activity. Will definitely stay again. Appreciate reading management replies to all comments whether good or bad. All hotels have some kind of problem at one time or another and It's nice to know the management actually listens and takes action to correct. Also loved the FREE high speed internet connection!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Thank you very much for your comments. The Big 12 tournament in Kansas City is always an exciting time, and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for your feedback, and we’d love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Booked the room on Priceline and saved roughly $100 off the room. We got a modest sized room, but on the 24th floor with an amazing view. The Sleep Number bed was also a nice treat since we had never slept on one before (my sleep number's a 40)! We wanted to get a small mini-fridge for our room and asked for one downstairs. The person at the desk waived the fee because "it's a stupid fee." The fridge was delivered and plugged in by a hotel staff.

The parking is $13 and was added to our bill even though we didn't agree to it, though. In other words, make sure you check out any extra costs they may want to charge to your room. There is also a 1-hr free parking, M-F spot off the street a couple blocks away that is very convenient if you can snatch a spot,

With the Power & Light district just a short walk away, you can avoid the parking hassle. There's also a Starbucks in the lobby :-)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuckySansei

Thank you for your review. It’s always great to hear what our guests have to say about their experiences. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and our Sleep Number beds, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the parking. Thank you again for your comments, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is in a great location just across from the convention center and just down the way from the Sprint Center. Unfortunately it exploded into one gigantic drunk fest after the local establishments closed for the night. We didn't get any sleep from 2am-5am. Security was called and they came fairly quickly but the party moved from room to room and so the loud voices slamming doors and elevator traffic was nonstop for those 3 hours. It was complete anarchy. I talked to other guests on other floors and they reported the same. Everyone was exhausted and extremely grouchy upon check out. I felt bad for the manager and staff. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with that kind of craziness nor could you pay me to stay there again on a weekend night. A word to the wise, check the Sprint Center and convention center calendar before booking a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Thank you for your comments; we appreciate all feedback from our guests, and use it to help improve our facilities and services. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us, and I have shared your comments with the security and overnight staff in order to avoid and quickly resolve this type of issue in the future. Once again, I apologize and thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2011

We had a great experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Stayed there during the weekend and had a great time at the Power and Light District. The rooms are very nice and well kept. But, I have to stay the standout item is the service. After I left, I discovered I left a pair of jeans and two of my credit cards in the room. After I discovered this, I called the hotel and they immediately connected me with the housekeping staff. They did a great job of helping me out, they said they could have it shipped to me that day. So, I received my items and it saved a lot of hassle of shutting off these credit cards, etc. Thanks so much for your help Brad Harrah and Kim Smith!!! Review By: Sean Fintel

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am extremely pleased to know that you had a great stay and were able to easily recover your lost and found items. We consistently make every effort to deliver the best service and product to our guests, and do our best to make returning items an easy process. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping department. Thanks again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Kansas City again!

Reviewed January 22, 2011

The Crowne Plaza Ballroom became the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception on January 8. We visited more than 20 venues downtown Kansas City, and selected the Crowne Plaza because of the incredible view of the city, access to parking, and the radical hospitality and customer service we received from the staff. The Catering Manager and Event Coordinator was professional, easy to work with, followed up on each detail, returned phone calls and emails promptly, and did all she could to make certain our daughter's reception was a memorable, trouble-free experience. The Chef was creative and flexible creating great tasting quality food, the bar tenders were personal and friendly, and the staff was attentive to each detail. We also booked 20+ hotel rooms. The front desk staff was friendly and professional, and the rooms were comfortable and adequate for the stay. I had some hesitancy at first to book with the Crowne Plaza based on some of the reviews I had read on Trip Adviors, but I could not validate any of what I read even after making several visits announced and unannounced before signing our contract. We could not have asked for a better experience, and the Crowne Plaza staff went far beyond our expectations.

• Stayed: January 2011

I am thrilled to hear that you had an excellent experience with your daughter’s wedding reception! We strive to make every wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza a memorable and special experience for the bride and groom, their families, and all reception guests. I am also very happy to hear that we were able to make the reception planning easy and trouble-free. I have passed along your comments to our Sales and Catering, Front Desk, and Food and Beverage departments. Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Kansas City for your daughter’s wedding reception, and for sharing your experience!