“Great for business extended stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was in KC for a couple of months doing business at the airport. This property is very close to the airport, but far enough away that airport noise was never a problem, even with windows open. The rooms are true suites with a separate bedroom and living area. The kitchenette has full size fridge, freezer with ice maker, microwave, two burner stove and coffee maker. Large TV's in both rooms with multi channel access, plus movies and sports on pay per view.
The bed in my room was a full king with excellent mattress and linens, very comfortable. I requested a wake up call one day and it was maintained everyday without fail. The staff is great, very polite and accommodating, but the lodge (food service) staff are fantastic. I was working long hours and they offered to save me a plate of food because I got back to the hotel after lodge hours ended.
The communal "lodge" area is a bit small on weekends when there's a crowd for breakfast, but otherwise adequate and comfortable. One of my few complaints is there is no communal area for getting together with colleagues for a drink (when lodge isn't "open" and it's only open from 1700 to 1900 M - Th)
If you need a "home away from home" while you're in KC, I highly recommend Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: There are interior courtyard rooms and exterior rooms with some view. If you like windows open the o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

As usual, this hotel is great. I love the breakfast and when I stay during the week, I enjoy the reception. Rooms are clean and comfy. I highly recommend for families and business travelers. Will visit again the next time I'm in Kansas City.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Double beds, not queens. Reserved a room a month in advance, but when we checked in at 10:30 pm all they had available was a handicapped room, no bathtub. Didn't matter that the room was guaranteed with a credit card. I was told the only way to make sure I got the room I reserve is to prepay. Otherwise, it is first come first served.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CCTraveler56
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This property may be a little dated but they have great service and plenty of amenities that make them a great place to stay. Make sure to enjoy the breakfast and the warm smiles of the breakfast staff. They really help you start your day right!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The evening we arrived (Wednesday 10/9) the Manager's Reception was taking place. The food that was supposed to be hot was ice cold. The guests were standing in line waiting their turn at the microwave to warm their food. The coffee at the coffee station was terrible. We tried the coffee at breakfast on Thursday and it was just as bad. Thankfully, I always bring coffee with me when I travel, so at least I had a cup in my room. There was no coffee shop located near the hotel, so we stopped on our way to our business meeting. We checked out at 5:00am Friday and were disappointed that there wasn't any coffee service in the lobby before we left. There were several other business travelers who were also checking out and looking for coffee too. My room was great, the bed comfortable. When you cater to business travelers, convenient beverage service (coffee, tea, etc.) is always greatly appreciated and sorely missed when it's not available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Friendly and courteous staff. Quiet. Very nice court yard to sit and relax. We have stayed there many times. We have always had a positive experience. Check in was efficient and checkout was a breeze. No hassles. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Over all our stay was relaxing. We were with the Bloodhound group and staffs were extremely receptive to the needs of the guests in our party. Restaurant staffs were professional and courteous, and the food was very good. The grounds were fantastic; Thanks to everyone at Homewood for making our trip so memorable in good ways!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends