“Seemed a bit old”

Ranked #29 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Seemed a bit old”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Double beds, not queens. Reserved a room a month in advance, but when we checked in at 10:30 pm all they had available was a handicapped room, no bathtub. Didn't matter that the room was guaranteed with a credit card. I was told the only way to make sure I got the room I reserve is to prepay. Otherwise, it is first come first served.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CCTraveler56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Joplin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This property may be a little dated but they have great service and plenty of amenities that make them a great place to stay. Make sure to enjoy the breakfast and the warm smiles of the breakfast staff. They really help you start your day right!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Fernandina Beach, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The evening we arrived (Wednesday 10/9) the Manager's Reception was taking place. The food that was supposed to be hot was ice cold. The guests were standing in line waiting their turn at the microwave to warm their food. The coffee at the coffee station was terrible. We tried the coffee at breakfast on Thursday and it was just as bad. Thankfully, I always bring coffee with me when I travel, so at least I had a cup in my room. There was no coffee shop located near the hotel, so we stopped on our way to our business meeting. We checked out at 5:00am Friday and were disappointed that there wasn't any coffee service in the lobby before we left. There were several other business travelers who were also checking out and looking for coffee too. My room was great, the bed comfortable. When you cater to business travelers, convenient beverage service (coffee, tea, etc.) is always greatly appreciated and sorely missed when it's not available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Auburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Friendly and courteous staff. Quiet. Very nice court yard to sit and relax. We have stayed there many times. We have always had a positive experience. Check in was efficient and checkout was a breeze. No hassles. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thanks for staying with us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Over all our stay was relaxing. We were with the Bloodhound group and staffs were extremely receptive to the needs of the guests in our party. Restaurant staffs were professional and courteous, and the food was very good. The grounds were fantastic; Thanks to everyone at Homewood for making our trip so memorable in good ways!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Kaiserslautern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had to stay here for 3 weeks and it was nice. My suite was spacious and housekeeping did a great job. I had two minor annoyances when I checked in that were fixed right away (Within a day, I told them "no rush."). Those were a sour shower curtain and a running toilet that I had to jiggle the handle to quiet... There's an adequate free hot breakfast provided every day and a light dinner Monday through Thursday. The food wasn't super awesome or anything, but it was good enough with free beer and wine from 5-7pm. The hotel is close to the airport and there's a convenience store/gas station a short walk away. Also some decent non-chain restaurants (Mexican and BBQ) within walking distance too. I've stayed in worse and I've stayed in better but I was completely satisfied with my stay here. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the courtyard might be a little noisy in the summer as there's a pool/hot tu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Not very friendly and hotel lobby smelled bad. I was not greeted as a Hilton Honnors member and the clerk was very short and unfriendly. I would not recommend this place. The walls are very thin as you can hear your neighbors easily and the ventilation system is extremely noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very sorry that we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want our guest to have a pleasant stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you're in town.