“Very nice place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Homewood Suites is fast becoming the flagship brand at Hilton Hotels. The room layouts are wonderful, the space is generous, and the free breakfast is always a great way to start your day. Kansas City is a sprawling place and this location is as convenient to all of it as any other ... so why pay "downtown" prices when you can stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We're happy to learn that the Homewood Suites was spacious and the layout was perfect for your stay.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Confortable rooms, friendly staff, good location and overall a great experience. Complimentary breakfast was nice as well as evening meal. Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Only negative I could see was the hall carpets were rippled which I thought could have been dangerous to an elderly person unsteady on their feet. Apart from that I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks for staying at the Homewood Suites. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first Homewood Suites and we had a great corner room. The hotel was also in a good location. I could tell, however, that they were scrimping on maintenance. A window almost fell to the ground when I opened it, and were bits of mold in some of the grout. I'd still recommend it because it was cheap (about $85) and the staff was nice, but don't expect polish and shine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose the Homewood Suites for your stay. We apologize for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the window issues and have addressed the issues with housekeeping. We hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Killed a couple of nights here before flying home from a business trip. And for that use, this is about all this hotel is good for. It's clean, staff is very friendly and close to the airport. I had a suite in the back that over looked the back of the property. Which was fine as this wasn't a vacation. I was lucky enough to have a fireplace which was a nice touch, even if it is a gas one.

As for the meals, breakfast was small, but a nice assortment, as for dinner.... Well, all I can say is RUN.

Overall, a nice hotel, I looked for a bar and maybe I'm mistaken but I couldn't see one, so we went and had our drinks at a neighboring hotel. I would probably choose another hotel if it was my own money, but for a business trip at my company's expense, it worked.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We appreciate your recent comments of our property. I understand that the meal selections were not to your expectations. Our team will review our offerings and keep recommendations in mind. Again, thank you for taking the time and we hope when your travels bring you back to KC that you will choose to visit us again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. Last summer, we noticed that it was old and dated, but we arrived late in the night so we didn't really care. We just stayed there again last weekend and were very disappointed. A bathroom light around the sink was blown. The mold in the shower was disgusting and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. The fan vent over the toilet was CAKED with dust. In fact, dust blew in my face when I turned it on. The carpets are worn and the inner corridors are dreary. This hotel is clearly not up to the typical Homewood Suites standards.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We love Homewood Suites and try to stay with them during all our travels. Staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. Definitely a place you should stay!! We will go back if we are in the area and need a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I would not hesitate to stay here again and I'd recommend it to anyone. I didn't have to wait long at the airport for the shuttle service, and the shuttle driver (a lady from Embassy Suites) seemed to like her job.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Homewood Suites KCI. We hope when your travels bring you to Kansas City next, that you will again visit us.