Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport
$179
$109
$170
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$117
$96
$164
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$169
$159
  • Pool
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
$239
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsbasketball courtice makertwo bedroom suitebreakfast and dinnerfull kitchenan extended stayzona rosathe manager's receptionoutdoor poolan updatekansas city airportbathroom doorfitness roomeach morningroom was clean and comfortablehot tubvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went to MO over the weekend from Wichita and decided to spend the night here.
Room was spacious - booked a non smoking bedroom with 2 doubles as there were 3 adults and two kids. Why I said spacious is because there was a living hall which by the kitchen with a couch and you can enjoy that area with the kids while watching tv. There is also another tv in the main bedroom.
Enjoyed a simple selection of breakfast.
Stove, dishwasher and microwave provided.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I appreciate your recent review of our property and understand that you were disappointed with your meal selections at dinner. We will reveiw our offerings, keeping recommendations in mind in hopes that the next time you are in Kansas City, we will visit us again.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I travel 50% of my life and this is where I will always stay In Kansas City. Its proximity to the airport, shopping,and the quick trip downtown make it a good hotel. The rooms, the staff, and the amenities make it exceptional.

When I arrive the staff treats me like family and the room is always ready; no matter the time of day. No its not the newest, most spacious, and freshest of Hilton Hotels, but if I need a cup of fresh coffee at 4 AM, additional bedding, and late checkout ...the staff has always made it happen. No these aren't hurculean, but the little things matter.

My most recent stay was of a personal nature and I was travelling with my family. As circumstances would have it a late night maintenance issue arose and my children were fast asleep. Typically, we might have had to move rooms but the night Manager was quick to respond, courteous, and as a result avoided moving my children and family and none of them were aware of the issue.

Again, I read the comments below, and everyone has their opinion; mine is of the positive nature and I look forward to my next stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Homewood Suites KCI. Were delighted to learn that were your first choice when traveling to Kansas City and that we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was initially quite pleased with the room which was spacious. However, it went downhill quickly when a group of people right across the corridor began smoking. They kept their door open, which meant the wind blew the smoke into the corridor and into my room. Calling "guest services" resulted in the response, "It's ok, there are smoking rooms on the floor." How is it ok that the smokers decide to leave their door open turning the whole floor into a smoking area?! Why didn't anyone even bother to come up and take a look?

Disappointed with the service, won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are smoking rooms on the same floor. But frankly speaking, I've stayed in so many hotels, this is a first.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We aplogize for the bad soke smell during your stay. We understand that travel is very important and we try to make all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for about 5 nights after we tried to book the Embassy suites but it was totally booked for the nights we needed. I must say that I was not at all impressed, and this was the worst Homewood suites I have ever stayed at and I have been to a lot of them, as I travel all over often! The description said it was a luxury hotel, but I beg to differ, it is dated and isn't what I would call luxury at all!! The pro’s are the suite is equipped with a microwave, fridge, and 2 burner cook top, which all were in working order. The linens and towels were clean, the rooms are spacious, the TV is a newer flat screen, and the internet was reliable, that’s it! Here is the bad. The carpeting in both the elevators is terribly worn, and dingy, also the walls were in need of a good wipe down. The carpeting in the hall way is also dingy, and could use a hot steam cleaning. The room itself was ok cleanliness wise…there was a huge dead moth on the carpet in the kitchen area that looked as if he had been there a while, so I guess they only vacuum certain areas, and that’s it….no moving chairs or anything, cause if they did, they would have seen it was there. The décor in my opinion is horrible….everything is a dark hunter green…carpet…drapes...lamps and the couch is a hunter green with flowers, sort of like the couch you put in the basement for your kids to go play on, and the furniture is dated. The bathroom wall paper even has green stripes. The lighting in the suites is very dim, and yellow which makes everything look dirty, and gloomy. The brightest lighting is at the kitchen table. It looks as if they went with the cheapest everything! Our door was broken, so to close it from inside the room, you had to push all of your weight into it to close it, and closing it from outside the room, you had to really pull it, which made so much noise. The central air system, and bathroom fan is so loud that you have to constantly turn the television up, and down, which is a pain due to the fact that some channels are louder than others so you might turn to a channel that is way too loud. Your best bet is to either turn it off, or set it to auto, this way it only kicks on every so often. The TV channels are few, but if you love watching sport, and news all day long, this is for you. I was at a different Homewood just before coming to this one, and it was much nicer, well kept and home like. The WORST part of the stay was when maintenance knocked on the door at 9:15 Am saying they needed to come into my room to check the fire alarm system, and I had just gotten out of the shower, and was getting dressed. Got the notice on the Monday before saying that they were going to be checking the system, alarms might sound, and evacuation wasn't necessary but it said absolutely NOTHING at all about having to enter into rooms to do this….how inconvenient!!! They are in need of upgrades to the rooms…better lighting, and better decor with brighter colors. They also need a better way of checking their fire system without having to inconvenience the guests. One reviewer said that there was a renovation of the rooms, and I just don’t see it at all, it’s not up to Hilton standards. I will never ever stay here again!! I wish we had of known about the brand new HIE across the way!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your guest room presentation was a concern, and we are working to correct the issue. At our extended stay property, we want our guest to feel at home and have a comfortable and pleasant stay. During the past year are guestrooms were updated, including new guestroom carpet, flat top stoves, and granite countertops in the kitchen and vanity areas. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Kansas City, that you will stay with us again; we would love opportunity to have you back at the Homewood Suites.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'd originally planned to stay at the Emabssy Suites next door, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. It was located near many nearby restaurants and very close to the airport. The room was very spacious with it's own kitchen and separate living area. After work, there is a complimentary meal (a real meal) waiting every night that I was there. I found it to be very quiet and the beds were comforatble as well. Nice large flat screen TV's in both rooms. The only issue that I had was that the bathroom intake fan was very noisy, other than that, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion and delighted that your stay was comfortable and pleasnt. From the large flat screen TV's in your guestroom to the full dinner each evening at our Welcome Home Reception. We will continue to check the fan system mentioned to avoid any inconveniences for future guests.
We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Kansas City.