Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
$179
$109
$170
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$96
$164
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$169
$159
  • Pool
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
$239
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenself cateringkitchen stuffcoffee maker in roomcountry club plazastove topoatmealroom was cleanawesome locationhome away from homethe holiday innbreakfast barone night staythe general managerrestaurants and shoppingsprint centershowtime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Worst hotel experience over the years of travel. No daily cleaning AT All. The bathroom and room were dirty to the point that was unbearable. Grab and go breakfast was way too limited. It should not label the hotel as "free Breakfast". Since no public eating area, one needs to eat at room, that causes crumbs and the room won't keep clean especially with little kids. No cleaning. Even if I want to clean myself, I don't have vacuum. The hair was all over the bathroom. No cleaning service. The toilet doesn't work properly, if you threw paper not exactly to the hole, it won't flush. The shower didn't work properly. Dennis got it fixed, credit to him. We were hooked by priceline express deal otherwise we would leave right away. We used to have so pleasant experience with priceline express deal that we did it think much to do it again. We were stuck. It gave one queen bed, may even be a smoking room as as a priceline guest we wouldn't be of options. That appalled us. How could they know two adults could sleep at one bed? Want a standard room? extra money. Many negotiations. Felt cheated and were fooled by the rules and hidden fees. Last time priceline express deal put us to Comfort Inn. So wonderful. This time I learnt a lesson, never use priceline express deal. I literally threw up in the bathroom after seeing the room not cleaned for a few days that I had to turn off lights when I went there. Even the light cleaning we needed to pay extra. UNHEARDED Of. The policy says" extended" means no cleaning unless stays extendedly over 8 days. There will be one cleaning. Wow, UNHEARDED.
LaCie, the manager, was on phone for over 15 minutes knowing we were waiting for her. That was looong. Showed an attitude. we left a message on Sunday to ask her o call us. never happened, we went to look for her vat the front desk and waited for her finish her long "important" phone call. After some arguing about the type of room, as we would no expect the room was not a standard one with two queen beds. We had to pay extra for a standard room and may it guarantee a non-smoking room. Many talks, she would not accommodate until we said fine we just bear with it but we would review it on tripadvisor. She immediately gave us discount in extra charged part which should not incurred at the first place. Dennis, who helped us fix the not working well shower was a nice guy, very efficient. Overall, this is he worst experience. We were so,glad we were out of there. It was unbearable after staying five nights there imagine no any kind of cleaning service at all.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ccszus
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the worst hotel experiences I've EVER had. Stayed here due to availability and location to St. Luke's hospital, where we stayed overnight for a family member's critical heart surgery. So of course, we were looking for a relaxing, restful night of sleep during a stressful time. The hotel is very outdated and needs remodeled, but we could deal with that. The bed was squeaky, not very clean, and not very comfortable, but that could be dealt with. The curtains let in lights from the parking lot, again...can be dealt with. But when there are lots of people running up and down the halls from 12AM-4:30AM pounding on the walls, screaming, laughing, and even one girl was screaming and crying for help! Front desk staff didn't care to help one bit.

As you can imagine, we got maybe one hour of sleep before we had to get up and head to the hospital. Absolutely horrible experience. When the front desk staff was told, all I got was a "sorry". Didn't expect much else. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I stay in hotels all over the world and the U.S. every year for business and this is a place to avoid, no doubt!! Never had to give a review like this.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheRoyalChief
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The price is one of the best at Country Club Plaza and it's located in a convenient area. However, the housekeeping staff needs a lesson in cleanliness. The first room we were assigned was filthy and although the front desk staff did move us, the second room still had issues with cleanliness and broken appliances. We didn't come to the area to stay in the room, so we just kept it and didn't fuss, but if I had been staying longer it would have been a major issue.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the elevator to avoid noise. Also, inspect room for cleanliness BEFORE accepting.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you had experienced cleanliness issues during your stay. Please accept our apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have shared your review with our staff and will be doing additional training to ensure your experience is not repeated. In addition, we will make sure that all rooms are fully inspected prior to a guest check in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed in room 314 for a week in May to attend a conference at Crown Center. The conference hotel was booked and here I paid about 65% of the conference hotel rate. It was easy to get to the Crown Center on the Main Street Max bus, which is just up the block and runs every 10 minutes. I would recommend staying here if you are prepared for an apartment experience as opposed to a hotel experience with maid service and toiletries etc.

I read the reviews and was expecting a dump. It wasn’t a dump, just not deep cleaned. The room was surface cleaned only: e.g. the stove top was clean, but the cupboards were greasy; the bathroom mirror and counter were clean, but the foot of the toilet had pee around it etc. I came prepared and with my scrubbing bubbles and cleaned the room for 15 minutes on arrival and I was fine for the week.

Pluses:
• Front desk staff was very nice.
• The Grab and Go breakfast of muffins, fruit (apple or orange), coffee, tea and oatmeal bars was fine.
• Lots of pillows of different type (feather and synthetic)
• Lots of space in the room.
• Lots of storage for clothes in closet and in dresser; no storage for toiletries in bathroom.
• Lots of outlets, good flat screen TV, Internet access
• Full-size fridge and stove top
• Really good location with access to public transport and Quickstop just up the road for groceries.

Minuses:
• Beds not the most comfortable, but I’ve slept on harder/louder. Sheets were stained but clean.
• Toiletries, except for a small amount of hand soap and dish soap, were not provided Bring your own everything (soap, shampoo, conditioner, dish soap, paper towels, Kleenex). They did provide toilet paper. Towels could be exchanged, though they’re thin. I brought my own. Minimum was provided in kitchen for two people. You might want to bring wine glasses, cork screw, extra knives, forks, big mug etc. etc.
• The front desk closes at 11:00 p.m. Only hotel I've stayed at that didn't have a 24-hour front desk. I got lost and didn’t make it until 10:45 p.m. which was way more stress than I needed. People at front are very nice. And they have rolling luggage racks you can borrow to move all your stuff.
• Most inexcusable thing was the curtains. They don’t have sheers, though the windows were right across the street from hospital or hotel rooms close enough to see in. The curtains also don’t wrap around the sides of the rod so the street lights shine in brightly at night. I had to hang towels on the sides so I could sleep in a darkened room.
• Yes, it was noisy in the halls if people talk or the doors slam, but it wasn’t a college dorm atmosphere. There was smoke in the halls on Fri. and Sat. nights when someone broke the rules, but otherwise not a problem.
• Maids were a little loud discussing their socio-political views, when maybe they should have been cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and some of our amenities that we provide. I would also like to thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our staff. While I certainly understand that staying with an Extended Stay property is a different experience from standard hotels, it is understandable about some of your observations. We are terribly sorry the our associates did not inform you off our office hours. I would also like to point out that we are undergoing a full renovation this fall which will address the curtains.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the negative reviews on here I decided to book anyway mostly because of price and location ... It's located like half a block away from the country club plaza wich means great food it's also located a short distance from the Westport district rooms were in functional order nothing overly special clean pretty modern had a flat screen tv and little kitchenette I've stayed in worse and paid more in kc .. good service

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you not only enjoyed our hotel and staff, but the location as well. Your kind words mean a lot to the staff and myself. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the very near future.