“Comfortable, Convenient, Helpful Staff”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Ranked #76 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Comfortable, Convenient, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here during round 2 of Kansas City's snowstorm for 2 nights. The hotel just recently changed hands, it was a Homestead. Price was high but it was a last minute reservation so that's understandable. The rooms have a stovetop, microwave, ample counter space and a flat screen tv. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was coffee, fruit and oatmeal, not anything special but adequate. The location is convenient to the plaza. Front desk staff was nice and the maintenance guy even shoveled my car out of the snow!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff went above the call of duty to help you dig out your vehicle. We certainly appreciate all of the kind things you said. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I used to work in KC and whenever I visit town, this has been my go-to place. For it's location next to the Country Club Plaza, you cannot beat the price for the quality. Never had a bad experience. Clean rooms, excellent location, as good as any room at other nearby hotels that charge twice as much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rungeoff
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we are your number one choice when you travel to Kansas City and that you are always pleased with the price, quality and service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
KC
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I had a power outage and was able to obtain as last minute reservation at Homestead. It fit into all our needs, close to our jobs, schools and just was just overall enjoyable. It was no hassle. We enjoyed the kitchenette and the cable TV on the flat screens. I would definitely give our stay experience a whooping 8 out 10!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are perfect for small children!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel was convenient and enjoyable. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our four-month-old granddaughter was recently a patient at Children's Mercy. We were given a list of hotels to choose from that were close to the hospital. Homestead is reasonably priced for an extended stay, and it is located minutes from the hospital. Actually, our family chiropractor suggested we check out this hotel as he had stayed there previously. We owe him our thanks!
Our room was equipped with a full-sized refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, and kitchen items that allowed us to prepare a meal when time allowed, then eat the meal at a breakfast bar in the room.
Though my husband would have enjoyed a softer mattress, there was no noise that kept us from enjoying restful nights before returning to the hospital.
A spacious closet in the room was more than adequate for making this room into a "home away from home" while we were there.
I have warm kudos for the staff. Being extremely flustered, I inadvertently left a charge card at the desk while checking in - I know, it could have been so much more stressful! Not to worry, though! The desk clerk made several attempts to reach me by phone in the room, and the card was safely waiting for me when I picked it up!
I would readily recommend staying here to anyone considering a one-night stay or an extended stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful comments about our property. It's great to hear that you had a "home away from home" experience as we pride ourselves in creating this type of atmosphere. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Michigan
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were looking for a place that was centrally located to most of the Kansas City restaurants/bars. This place worked perfect for that. We were close to Westport and driving downtown was quick and easy. The hotel was clean and quiet. Rooms were quite large. Be informed this is a long term stay place, so you may have to ask for some items from the front desk (aka, shampoo, more towels).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that our rooms were spacious, clean & quiet and that the location was convenient to the areas of most interest to you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I chose the Homestead based on area and price. I was in town for business, on a budget, but wanted to stay near the Plaza. Although I was only there for 2 nights, as opposed to an extended stay, as designed, the hotel was basic, but nice and, for as little time as I spent there, worked out great, for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 32847Apps
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Kansas City - Country Club Plaza. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Grand Cayman
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived on Sunday afternoon after a long trip from the Cayman Islands via Chicago. To say we were tired was putting it nicely. After some initial mix up with our room not being cleaned (housekeeper had an emergency and had to leave) we were put in another room and stayed there for almost two weeks. The hotel is clean and staff very helpful and pleasant. We even managed to find a Jamaican restaurant that delivered! J&J Subs delivers as well. We had a pleasant stay and even though the cause of our visit could have been somewhat stressful, staff bent over backwards to assist. (Trinity in the Front Office was wonderful.) We would definitely stay there again if need arises. They have a special rate for St. Luke's patients and it is convenient for eveerything else. Try the buffet at the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank carolcooper54
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Trinity. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!