“Excellent staff/ nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
midwest
“Excellent staff/ nice hotel”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed one night so I could take my son to the airport early the next morning. We arrived before check in and did not expect a room to be ready but we wanted to use the pool and relax but we when we checked in at the front desk the lady had them clean our room next and sent someone to the pool to let us know when it was ready. My mother was with us and she is on oxygen so we had a tank delivered to the hotel and the hotel staff even put it in our room for us. My mother travels with us often and believe me this was really appreciated. I usually have to haul it from the front desk to our room and it is heavy. the shuttle driver to the airport was very nice and it was nice not to have to mess with airport parking. We also ate the contl breakfast at the hotel and is was very good with many choices. We were very pleased with our stay

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank whitneygirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Due to missing my connecting flight, I booked a room at the airport Hampton Inn. The room was average at best, with a comfortable bed and working bathroom and television. There is free wi-fi in the room, or a 'business center' computer in the main lobby. While my A/C unit worked, the air in the room was very damp and everything had a 'wilted' feel to it in the morning (nothing damaged or anything, just very damp air). The staff was very nice and the ride to/from the airport in the courtesy van was very timely and efficient.

Be advised, there are no restaurants in the area within walking distance. The Hilton is close enough to walk to, and it may have a restaurant, but no 'regular' type eating establishments, so if you don't have a car, you might be out of luck. There is a gas station / convenience store right by the hotel where you can get snacking food / beer, etc. I did not try the pool.

I wouldn't 'not recommend' this motel, but if I were to be stuck in Kansas City again, I would probably go for the Embassy Suites before picking this Hampton again. That said, it was a satisfactory place to bed down over night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank AK-in-NC
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Missed my connection caused me to stay here. Been to better Hampton Inns. Breakfast was not the best, Beds were great. TV did not work properly (Storm probably caused issues). Overall a good hotel near the airport. Not sure if I do recommend for families, to much noise around the area.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank RMKey02
Tennessee
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Very disappointing stay with our family of 5. We have stayed in Hampton Inns in many places so chose this one for our trip to KC. The room was unbelievably small. The pool was very nice. We found a better hotel chain further on in our trip, so looks like we're done with Hampton Inns.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — size of room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
no. virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I stayed there for the night before catching a flight out. I had a breakfast tray with water, candy bar, and remote waiting for me on the bed. That was the most comfortable bed I've slept in lately. The front desk was VERY helpful. I arrived late and they offered to follow me over to return my rental car and give me a ride back so that I wouldn't have to wake up SO early to return it. Sits right off the freeway and is about 5 minutes from the airport.

Stayed April 2008
fort wayne, in
Reviewed March 14, 2008

Stayed here 1 evening on the way out of town. The positives: Clean, good wireless connection in the room, nice breakfast (clean food area & plenty of food), good customer service and a fairly nice workout room with a treadmill, eliptical machine and bike.

Negatives: really nothing. I consider this a very typical hampton inn and would recommend it if you are looking for a stay close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Midwest
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This Hampton is below average when compared to the Hampton Brand as a whole. While they have the updated bedding, the rest of the furniture and facilities are older and worn. Staff is generally helpful and try to make-up for the facility short comings. Booked a "king study" for some extra space (couch is added to the study rooms) but according to front desk, all rooms are the same size and you would actually have more room in a normal king where they did not have to wedge the couch in the room. Wireless internet was free and worked well and property also offers convenient shuttle to KCI/MCI.

Plumbing noise and noise from surrounding rooms is a problem due to older construction. Bathroom is functional for 1 person at a time only. A/C unit is the old under-window with no temperature control type so you usually end up freezing cold or sweating.

Overall not a horrible choice, but there are many better options in this area, and if wanting to stay within the Hilton Family of properties, the Hilton, Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites would all make for a better experience and a slightly better location if being close to the airport is not your only concern. All the others offer a shuttle as well.

• Liked — Convenient to airport
  • Disliked — Noisy, small rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business