“Great Hotel Close to the Airport!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport

Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Great Hotel Close to the Airport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This Hampton Inn is conveniently located very close to the airport. The nice, clean, recently renovated rooms are comfortable and the staff is super friendly! If you are looking for a Great value, you just found it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I am in hotels usually 4 nights per week. I have never had service quite as friendly as Stephanie and Ernest offered here. I had checked out but stored my bags here and went to meetings. When the meetings were done, I came back to get my bags and Stephanie offered me a room so I could change out of my suit into comfortable traveling clothes. I watched Ernest help a gentleman who was using a walker and wearing a neck brace with incredible patience and obvious concern. (The man happened to be wrestling legend Harley Race, but as Ernest didn't recognize him, that wasn't the reason for the courtesy.) I would definitely stay here again, despite the fact that the GM is a Red Sox fan.

• Stayed May 2013
Menomonee Falls, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Cost of the room compared to the value received does not justify the expense. I would stay there again however only for the convenient location. Why is there a minimum amount of characters required in this field?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Hackensack, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This Hampton Inn hotel was just average to me. Although this hotel was nice and clean, I've stayed at nicer Hampton Inns that offer a fridge and microwave in your room. This location did not offer either. I think it's good for a couple days stay but not for 2 weeks like I usually do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hchampagne, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you very much for responding to our satisfaction survey. It is our hope that we can make each guest's stay a memorable one.

I also wanted to thank you for your loyalty to our brand. I have taken the liberty of making a "Local" hotel request to have a microwave and frig available for your stay in the future. We do offer Executive King's that have a micro/frig built in if this would be more satisfactory.

I do apologize that we did not offer this to begin with considering your length of stay. Please feel free to contact me with any concerns. I would also be more than happy to book any future reservations for you myself.

We do hope to see you in the future when you are next in KC. Until then, safe travels!
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a weekend bowling tournament. We arrived late and were travelling with a toddler and a 9 year old. The room was held for our late arrival, and a portable crib was in the room when we arrived. We felt safe and secure at all times, and the hotel was very quiet. It was even a Nascar race weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding our staff. I am so very happy that they were able to assist you with all of your needs. We continually strive to WOW each and every guest and it is wonderful when we succeed in our goals.

We do hope to see you again when you are next in KC. Until then, safe travels!
atlanta ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel once before. and did not review it so I must not have been neither blown away or disappointed. But this time I thought I would take the time to give it a review for my fellow business travelers.

First off, my check in was not so good. Front desk guy asked me for my name, which I gave him. 'Nope.. Did you book under another name?' Uh, No. Now, keep in mind I'm a diamond member and I book all my reservations on line myself. He looks again.. "No.. are you sure it was this hotel?" Seriously? So I luckily had my confirmation printed out and showed it to him. I swear he made me feel as though I was trying to trick him. I showed him, " There it is, my name, and this hotel, and todays date" He says "give me the confirmation # " which I did. He is shocked that it comes up. He just kept saying "This never happens. That's odd " No apology. Oh well. He checks me in, and I ask him " Any way to extend my stay one more night" "Uh, no we are booked up unless you want a smoking room" No thanks. He did offer to call Hilton, but I was just surprised that there was no other effort. Oh, and as I was handed my keys I had to ask for my water and snack which is standard for diamond members. Again, I just felt odd after this.

My room was standard updated hampton inn. Nice little desk area, nice loveseat with ottomans.
Tub in the bathroom was in poor shape. Looked as though the lacquer was peeling off or something. Bed was comfy enough, but disappointed that all they had in the room were the cheap foam pillows. I really like and look forward to Hamptons feather pillows, which usually they have 2 each of the foam and feathers in the rooms. ( can ya tell I stay in hamptons alot ?? )

Lastly, the gym. I don't know what else to call it, but gym is really a stretch. I must say dear Hampton, this is by far one of the worst I have ever seen. What I mean is the equipment. The eliptical was like something you would buy at walmart. It was so flimsy and unstable I literally felt as though it was one loose bolt from completely collapsing under me. I got on the stationary bike and it wasn't much better. The buttons are worn out, the seat back is laid back in an almost full recline position, which I have never seen before. I was almost laying down trying to use it. I did not stay in their for more than 25 minutes. It was such a disappointment. For us road warriors who spend so many nights in hotels, just being able to go and have a decent cardio workout is SO important, and this just completely missed the mark. Please, invest in better equipment.

I honestly don't know If I would stay back at this particular hotel based on the check in and the gym. If all you want is a room close to the airport, you may be happy. I'm sorry, I just wasn't.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points. Very good service for the price with HH points.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple