“Just OK for a Hampton”

Ranked #25 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Buford, Georgia
“Just OK for a Hampton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed one night on my way back to Atl. This Hampton was just ok. The evening staff wasn't very friendly, and the hotel was in need of a renovation. The location was close to the airport, so it was convenient for an early flight out...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a quick one night stop at the Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport prior to a very early morning flight out the next day

While the room was comfortable the design of it was somewhat odd in that it utilized a lot of dark woods and put some of the closet space along the wall where a window should be. This left one small window creating an overall dark room environment. The room itself was also somewhat small and cramped.

As we had to depart at 4AM for our flight out we did not get to experience the breakfast service nor see what other facilities the hotel might have had to offer.

The Kansas City Airport is somewhat distant from the sights and attractions of the area so this area would likely not be a place we would “base” ourselves at for at Kansas City visit.

Nevertheless, the front desk staff we interacted with was pleasant and professional and hotel did offer a comfortable bed.

Based on this, it is a property where we would stay again if we needed to be out by the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelnrelax
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times while getting ready to relocate to the KC area. Building-wise, this is your typical newly-updated Hampton. Clean, comfortable, reliable. The folks that work here really are top-notch, though. Every one of them was extremely welcoming and friendly. In fact, I was in the area to scope out a new place to live and one of the girls even gave me advise on places to look.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

From the time we checked in with Matt at the front desk to checking out with Sarah in the morning the staff at this hotel is outstanding. They also provide a free shuttle to the airport for guests and the driver was courteous and on-time. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few of the airports by the airport and this is by far my favorite. The rooms are all remodeled and very cozy and comfy. Great breakfast and coffee bar. Lastly a great price! My family and I will be back next time we fly out of KCI

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a renovated Hampton. It's interior is very nice. Rooms are above-average for Hampton and the common area for eating is updated. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. Only drawback from my standpoint is that they only have 15 rooms out of 120 that have a refrigerator. Because I typically travel for weeks at a time I wouldn't stay here unless I could get a room with a fridge...but for a few days, it's very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator in advance.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a typical nice Hampton Inn. Clean, efficient, and friendly. But when I put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door late the next morning (since I didn't want the housekeepers to come in) and started changing my clothes to catch my flight, the front desk called. They wanted to know if I was planning on a late check out. Now if I put the sign on the door, that sort of meant not to bother me. I'm sure they like it when people check out early so housekeeping can get a jump on the rooms, but I think that calling customers prior to the check out time is unconsciously sending the message that we want you to leave so we can flip the room to someone else. The front desk was quick to point out that I still had almost an hour to check out, but I still got that subtle hint that they wanted me to leave.

Nice hotel, but management needs to think about centering their energies and attention on the customer, not the business processes.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business