“BBQ with a Kick”

Danny Edwards BBQ
Ranked #84 of 1,489 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I went to Danny's on Saturday morning. We shared the combo platter (ribs, brisket, burnt ends and chicken) with pasta salad and spicy baked beans. BBQ with a kick because the wife thought is was spicy but no problem for me. Our food was promptly delivered and everything was great. The staff are very pleasant and down to earth, they will do anything to ensure you have a pleasant experience. My wife and I will be returning in the near future. Great food and not expensive at all.

1  Thank tnkr14

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Ate the burnt ends for lunch. The Meat wad quite good. Jucy and Flavorable. There was quite a pile of meat on my plate as well. I was wild about the sauce. It wasn't spicy enought. It also seemed little expensive. The store is in a old semitruck garage and is really neat. They could use more parking but that's typical of downtown locations. Recommended

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This small restaurant on Southwest Blvd outshines the others with the best brisket I've ever had. It's thick sliced, ridiculously tender, and flavored by an outstanding rub and great smoke. Arrive early or you'll be waiting outside.

1  Thank notfromhere65804
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just went there for the first time after hearing about this place for some time. The only thing we had this time were the ribs. These were some of the best I've had, and I've been to many of the barbecue restaurants in Kansas City. They were tender and juicy with a smokey flavor and the thin tangy sauce added to the enjoyment. I was also pleasantly surprised with the onion rings. In most places they are a limp after thought. These were crisp and flavorful. We're going back soon, and I will report on the beef when we do.

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

The burnt ends sandwich is a must try! I can only get them in Kc.