“Good stay”

Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Good stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nice place to stay staff friendly. Breakfast excellent. Good location Does not have a hot tub but pool is excellent Easy to get to baseball park for Royals games or to Arrowhead for Chiefs games. Right across from Worlds of Fun

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
clive, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Nice hotel. Breakfast was good...alot of variety. Easy location to several spots in kc. Quiet hotel. Pool area was clean...pool not very big and no hot tub. Clean and averahe hotel. Housekeeping staff were friendly and hardworking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed April 7, 2014

travel to KC couple times a month for business. Hampton has an agreed upon rate for corporate. They refused to honor this rate several times in the last couple months. They stated "When we are down to a certain number of rooms left, we don't have to honor our agreement". I am a Hilton Honors member. This apparently matters only when it is to their advantage. The management is also conveniently "out of town" when I have called and asked for an explanation. I have also left my number and asked to have a manager call me back...still waiting. So how about this Hampton? I'll just stay somewhere else from now on.

Room Tip: Best tip is find another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank scott c
Carolyn K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Scott,
I haven't responded to you with a phone call, however, I did respond to your Hilton review. Let me be clear, as this is the second review from you. We have a certain number of rooms that we hold for any severely discounted rate. When that inventory is gone, the room rate reverts to the Best Available Rate for the day. We do not have a contract with the auto auction guaranteeing the auction last room available, we have been honoring the extremely low rate with them as much as we can because they have been loyal to us since we opened. We have never given you poor service, checked you into a dirty room or served your requests differently because of your rate.
Regarding my being CONVENIENTLY gone when you needed to speak to me. I was unavailable because my father suffered two massive strokes and then recently passed away so I have been away from the hotel more than usual. My parents live in the Nebraska panhandle so when I travel there it is not a day trip.
Although I regret that we were unable to meet your needs at our Hampton Inn, I hope you are very happy at the new location of your choice.

Respectively,

Carolyn
Weatherby
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a considerably better stay than I have had in recent years. The rooms were very clean and comfy. I particularly like the down comforter and special note letting me know that the sheets and comforter were cleaned and sanitized.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I coordinated a stay at this Hampton Inn for two nights for a school trip. We had a large group of children and adults. Carolyn and her staff were very friendly and helpful both planning our trip and during our stay. Reservations went smoothly, the hotel called me to confirm (before I even called them), and things went smoothly during our stay as well. I found the bed comfortable and the bathroom clean and up to date. Cookies were available in the lobby, and the complimentary breakfast had a decent selection of protein (eggs, sausage), pastries, fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. The location was convenient, close to the highway and the venues to which we wanted to travel. The only complaint I heard from a chaperone was that one of the AC units was buzzing during the first night. I think they got it fixed by the second night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Carolyn and her staff work to make the stay pleasant. When you see a hotel next to a theme park you may wonder if it is only wanting park visitors. Not this place it is clean and well kept. The breakfast is always fresh and hot. The breakfast staff are very pleasant as is the front desk crew. This is one of my favorite places to stay in Kansas City. It's quite and clean! Make a reservation and sleep well!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Admittedly, I expect a lot from Hampton Inn hotels and in this case they deliver 100%. Most of the Hamptons I've been to (and this one in particular) are well staffed, clean, and nicely appointed. The hotel spaces are nicely right-sized. The rooms and comon spaces are spacious without being needlessly cavernous. The hot breakfast is well stocked with options and changes a little every day to keep the experience fresh. The beds are always comfortable. All in all, well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family