“Great hotel/ great location”

Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas, United States
“Great hotel/ great location”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel was perfect for a visit to Worlds of Fun! The rooms were clean room, the staff was friendly and very accommodating, there was a good variety at breakfast and it was right across the highway from the park. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Friendly staff, meeting my needs. Rooms are clean and quite. I have stayed here many times and the quality of service etc. is consistely high. Breakfast area is clean wiht a good selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Omaha, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great value! This Hampton is near Worlds of Fun. Free hot breakfast was a bonus. Friendly staff. We arrived late and Jake at the front desk was very professional and friendly. Pool is small but clean. No hot tub which was a bummer. We would definitely return.

Lincoln, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love Hampton Inns. This hotel is conveniently located by Worlds of Fun with easy access to the interstate. The hotel staff is very helpful and polite, the rooms are clean and it is quiet and comfortable. I thought being next to the interstate it would be noisy, but it isn't. I have stayed here three times in the past five years and have been pleased each time. My only complaint was that two of the hot breakfast items, the cheese omelette and the bagel topper, were not fresh and/or tasty. In fact, I hope they discontinue them. I am NOT a picky eater, but couldn't finish either item. I resorted to a pastry and cereal. I recommend this place if you plan to go to Worlds of Fun. There is a Wendy's next door and after a long day at the park, and eating park food, it's nice to be able to get a nice salad, some apple slices and/or a baked potato. Plus, Wendy's is much more affordable than park food. Stay at this Hampton Inn. You won't be disappointed.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly and helpful. We were on the first floor near the pool and expected some disturbance, but this was not the case. The air conditioner ran all the time, but kept us cool during some extremely hot days. The breakfast was satisfactory. Our only complaint was that the parking spaces seemed very narrow and one night had to park in an end spot and craw our of the car into a big bush. I think I may have even gotten door scratches due to the narrow spaces.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had decided to reserve this hotel based upon other reviews I found on google places. I had not been to Worlds of fun since 2000 and last time we visited, stayed in the Super 8 next to this hotel. When looking for a hotel, that was the first place I checked, but was immediately turned off by the plethora of negative reviews. A friend of mind had mentioned the Hampton Inn so I checked it out. It was the only hotel with mostly positive reviews, so I booked. We had a family of 4 in one room with 2 queen beds. The price was a bit steep, but the quality was excellent, and may I say that I was blown away by the complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning! Great CLEAN hotel and I would highly recommend to others traveling to Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn location numerous times over the past several years. It's always an excellent place to stay (quality, comfort, cleanliness, breakfast, friendly/helpful staff), and a good value. The location is very convenient for us, the beds and rooms are very comfortable, and our room (near the end of the hallway) has always been quiet at night. Vending machine and ice conveniently located next to the elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple